Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery banks

brdprey
Explorer
Explorer
:h
this is for the TT group.
i have been looking to add an extra battery bank to the tub. when we purchased it. it had already been converted from a single 12 to dual 6. yea i know we haven't even gone camping in it yet. i dont like hook ups and usually do this a week at a time.
i usually carry extra batteries in the truck for our pop up.
i was hoping i could get some ideas of where to relocate the bank.
and learn why you chose that location.
plus, i love this place. you guys are very creative and make it worth coming back night after night.

yea im also hoping to see some pics of this as well.
i am hoping to save enough thru the winter and next year to convert to 300 + solar system. the longer we are out the better it is for our sanity.
17 REPLIES 17

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
If, and that is a big if, you have the weight capacity on the tongue, just weld a carrier to hold two batteries over the two now on the tongue. Batteries outside a living space are always better. Even AGM manufacturers specify the batteries must be vented to the outside.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
I would take the money you might spend on extra batteries and invest it in an appropriately sized solar system for your dual 6 V system. Two good 6 V (I'm assuming golf cart, or similar) and an adequate solar system should be enough to carry you for several weeks at a time, unless you have extremely high power needs.

There are not a lot of places IN a trailer to put batteries. If you go to sealed AGMs then you have more options. But you still have to consider the weight. Somewhere like under a bed or dinette, possibly with reinforcements to the floor or frame, is a reasonable inside location.

If you don't use sealed batteries, you could weld a support system to the frame to keep them outside.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Adding them to the tongue is out for obvious reasons. Is there a storage box in the front? Good place to locate batteries as long as you can vent them outside.