Explorer
Explorer
According to the Detroit Free Press

Ram outsells Chevy
41 REPLIES 41

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
In 2009 when I was researching half tons, I refused to buy a Ram. In 2015 when it was time to buy a 3/4 ton truck, I bought a Ram. Quality was vastly superior, in my opinion. 46 +/- thousand miles later, its doing great. Couple of recalls, but no issues. Got a new water pump due to a recall. Had a headlight go out. That's it.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if an increase in sales is due to the trucks rusting away quickly. :h

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
Quick, close this thread before it explodes!!!

Honestly, all three are great tow trucks. Pick by price and the one that has the best seat for your tail.

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
larry barnhart wrote:
mich800 wrote:

Ram outsells Chevy

Good for all of us I think.

chevman
As each brand advances the others have to keep up, so yes it benefits us all regardless of brand.

The down side is the price has climbed to a very high level for all those advancements.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is going to be a good one LOL.

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Camper_G
Explorer
Explorer
My 17 Fiat has Mopar emblems all over it and has been a great truck so far. Certainly not junk by any means
2017 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4, CCSB, 6.4L HEMI, Snow Chief, tow package.,1989 Skyline Layton model 75-2251.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you driven a Ram lately?
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Retired JSO wrote:
Having owned several dodge trucks in the 70โ€™s when they were the only work horse. I would now never own a Ram because Fiat is junk. Always has been, always will be.

Great reason!

My 15 had an overhead console light assembly replaced under warranty, thatโ€™s it in 60k!!!

FACT is their trucks have gotten even better since they saved Chrysler.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Retired JSO wrote:
Having owned several dodge trucks in the 70โ€™s when they were the only work horse. I would now never own a Ram because Fiat is junk. Always has been, always will be.

Strange our 2015 RAM does not a Fiat emblem on it that I can see. We have had it for 3 years and 48K miles, hope to be driving it and towing with it for many more years.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

boshog
Explorer
Explorer
Retired JSO wrote:

That is a bit short-sited, make a decision on some experience well over 50 years ago.

If you have yet to look at and drive the fourth and now fifth generations of the RAM, you are cheating yourself.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:

Ram outsells Chevy

Good for all of us I think.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy