cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bigfoot 25c 10.4 long bed

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
does the model 2500 c 10.4 bigfoot have space for two (2) batteries?
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
10 REPLIES 10

Camp_woof
Explorer
Explorer
Just to make sure there is correct info on this thread, a 2019 Bigfoot 10.4 holds 2 group 27 or possibly 2 group 31's. I know because I have 2 Lifeblue 125AH batteries in my 2019 10.4 using the slide out tray. These batteries are advertised as group 31's by the mfg. There is still room in the compartment. There would be more room without the slide out tray.

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new Northern Lite Camper! Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll be very happy with it. As far as the water in the propane compartment, Bigfoot does not install a bottom seal to allow propane to exit the compartment in the event of a leak. The floor of the propane compartment is plastic. Unfortunately,this also allows water in. Many owners have installed a aluminum angle with a gasket to stop the water. The basement should not have water at all! Perhaps the dealer neglected to lock it prior to a rain storm. The battery box on the newer 10.4 models was re-designed. I believe there is a sliding tray in the compartment to allow for 2 batteries. I canโ€™t see Bigfoot only having 1 battery and 2 propane tanks.
Best of luck to you
Bob
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XLโ€™s.

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear the BF 10.4 design may have changed for the worse. I did have some problems with water getting into the LP compartment where the bottom lip had been removed and into the battery and basement compartments where the door hinge is at the top. Added a small lip back in the former, a gutter over the latter, and have had no problems since. This is not something a buyer should have to do though. Otherwise, happy enough with it to keep it for 10+ years. Congrats on picking up the Northern Lite though. I would certainly consider one of them if I ever need a new truck camper. Hope to see you out and about in your new purchase soon!
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
Youโ€™ll like the NL, more headroom, bigger bed, bigger dinette, awesome generator storage box, same great Bigfoot-type construction.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
The 2019 model 10.4 battery box is to small for anything more than one battery period and we found water in the propane compartment and in the basement the water had been there long enough to rust the handle for the side awning. I wanted a big foot but no closer dealer for one, so we did buy a 2019 Northern Lite 10-2EX CD dry bath with a solar panel, 12 volt Television and two battery compartments the price was within a hundred dollars of each other. hope we did ok still have at least a week to pick it up to give me time to put tie downs on truck. In the past I used a combination of torklifts on the front and a happijac bumper tie down it worked well with a 5 thousand pound winter creek. I now have a 07 GMC 3500 crew cab 69 thousand miles. but I still miss my 05 dodge 3500 wish us luck on our new adventure, unfortunately we can only make trips that have us home in 28 days new medical problems this may go on a couple years, still kicking just not to high.
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
There is room in the truck bed in front of your fender if you need a place to put a battery and you also do not need to camp without truck.

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I also have 2 group 24 batteries in my 10.4 with room for larger ones if desired. One thing I noted with the 10.4 is that most of the appliances are on the passenger side. I noticed there is room at the front left of the basement, accessed by a factory cutout on the outside wall, large enough for several batteries. Moving the batteries to this location would shift these heavy items to the driver side and forward to boot. They would need to be AGM batteries though as there would be no air venting and you also wouldn't be able to access the batteries to add water when the camper is on the truck. I don't know if the new Lithium batteries require venting or service. I was mulling over how to do this when HMS Beagle put up a post where he did just this. If you wanted you could have a huge battery bank with batteries in both locations. HMS Beagle's BF 10.4 basement battery mod.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I installed 2 6v GC batteries sideways with 3" to spare that I wedged with 2 pieces of 2x4....got rid of sliding battery tray to have enough height, and made bracket across front to hold batteries in. Using battery fill watering system as there is very little space above batteries. AGM's would eliminate water check problem.
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2 Interstate group 24โ€™s in ours but there is room for larger sizes if needed
Bob
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XLโ€™s.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes.