HioSSilver
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have one? Looks like a nice piece made by Host
13 REPLIES 13

HioSSilver
Explorer
Explorer
I think those are old. I've messaged a few of them with no replies.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
apologies if these are old
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

HioSSilver
Explorer
Explorer
Are they recent? I'd like to check those out. Where were you searching? Only one for sale i found was a while back in cali. The chinook would fit the trucks i already have very well.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
just found 2 2015 models online. 1 is in Wisconsin and the other in Arizona. Neither link shows interior pictures.

HioSSilver
Explorer
Explorer
Giving this a bump

HioSSilver
Explorer
Explorer
Lol....I'll check them out on fb. Even tho I hate fb.

The main issue seems to be finding them for sale.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a Facebook site for Host camper owners started up by a member from here that might be able to provide you some relative info.
If you are ever around them, they are easy to identify. Usually remorse and heads hanging in their spontaneous decisions. Dirty socks and Tee shirts are the other obvious give-away.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
"great floor plan" is very subtle description.
For me Host in general don't provide storage (unless you get 3rd slide for wardrobe), while big screen and recliners don't appeal to me as I don't watch TV while camping and try to spend max time outdoor.
Lot of buyer buy on impulse and only later discover that crawling over the bed to get socks or clean T-shirt is not always too great.
I also like to sit on the toilet and check legroom before I put cash on the table.
Shower size is another thing.

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chinook/Trail wagons used to make a really good truck camper..My boss had one and it never had any issues..They made every RV type from a Class A down in there day...

I had know idea Host started calling one of there units a Chinook..If there half as good as the old units,they should be a decent seller.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

HioSSilver
Explorer
Explorer
Yea the tc is what I'm talking about. Looks like a great floorplan have 2 slides and being 8.5' long. Big tanks to.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
d3500ram wrote:
Are not Chinooks a Class C mounted on Toyota chassis?
As a brand, they were. Later, they were class B vans, then out of busines, now back as Class B's again. I think they also made some chassis mount C's along the way.

This particular query is about a Host TC model named Chinook. Not the same thing at all.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are not Chinooks a Class C mounted on Toyota chassis?
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Host campers are very nice products. Great floor plans, well built, and very heavy