cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blackstone by Outdoors RV

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone here have one ? Are you happy with it ?
6 REPLIES 6

Robbies_grandpa
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Blackstone. Had some problems initially with the tankless water heater and the slideout. The dealer was such a hassle that I took it directly to the factory and they fixed everything, even stuff that we had not seen that needed to be fixed. Overall, we are very happy.

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
We have a 2015 Creek Side from Outdoors RV and are very satisfied with it. There are somethings like the fabrication of the dinette and the framing for the bed that is a little bit of a let down being wood and not aluminum. But for the most part the company puts the goods where it does the most good. Solar ready, 2" aluminum walls, LED lights etc. Nice trailer. Would buy another one except.............we keep trailers for 20 years and I will likely be to old to buy another one!
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
I have a creekside. Overall, I'm happy with it. I'm about 18 months in and have about 8,000 miles on it.

For off-road travels, it's been great (other than being huge). For winter snow camping, it's great now. I did have some trouble initially with the hot water line freezing in single-digit weather. The factory took it back and added more insulation and basement heat ducts. I've also had some issues with the Schwintek slide system. Keep in mind I have 4 slides so 4x the problem potential. ORV offered to pick up and deliver each time, however I did make a couple trips instead because their delivery insurance won't let them tow when its snow or ice (which is about 1/3 the time in the Gorge in the winter).

Some things I would do over if I could.... I wish it were a Blackstone. I like the extra features and color. However, Blackstone didn't have this floorpan. ORV actually discontinued it altogether because the 4-slideouts disrupted their assembly line (they only have one slide install station). I definitely wish it had the dual-pane windows, and the larger solar array.

Brakes are barely adequate, but mine is 12,000 pounds. I'll probably upgrade to disc brakes at some point.

So.... yes I'd buy one again. It may not be quite as robustly built as its sibling Arctic Fox units, but its still pretty good and has good post-purchase factory support.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Timber Ridge, a couple of steps down from the Blackstone. Pretty much the same floorplans and basic construction, with less of the "fancy's"!!! There are some differences in the roof area, T/Ridge has wood rafters, B/stone is more aluminum. But the rest of the construction is almost same, welded aluminum with sandwich foam walls. There are other differences, none major in my mind, other than the difference in list prices!!!

There will always be some problems, some dissatisfied owners, but lots of positive about ORV's!! Go to IRV2 to the Outdoors RV owners section, and you can pick up a lot of info there.
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

trucker495
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2016 280RLSB.Picked it up 2 weeks ago. We absolutely love it soo far. Have had a couple of minor issues but factory was on the ball and paid for a mobile RV tech to come to our rig and do the repair.
04 HR ALUMASCAPE 31' TRAVEL TRAILER
05 RAM 3500 4X4 CTD SRW CREW CAB LONGBED

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have one, but Outdoors is owned by the same people that own Northwoods (Nash, Arctic Fox, etc) and the core crew came over from Northwoods.

The frames are built by Northwoods.

Both firms have a rep for a generally well made rig.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.