cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought new TT today

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Sold my TC yesterday bought a TT today. Did a ton of research and had what I wanted picked out, got the price I wanted, done.
Look forward to learning and contributing to these forums. The TC forums have been very good to me, expect the same here. I will miss my TC and plan on another smaller one down the road for fishing trips, but this is our new long time rig camping 12 months a year up here the PNW.

2017 O.R.V. Timber Ridge 24RKS with the offroad package, upgraded shocks, 16" E tires. I think these things are built well, hope i'm right, we'll see. Here are some pics, pretty stoked.

Website photo, exact same...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apozTOcmeoQ
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73
29 REPLIES 29

jus2shy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking really hard at a 23DBS myself. The rigs are solid and locally made. Hopefully by next spring I may have the unit I want. I love the fact that the trailers actually have shock absorbers on them, typically you only see that on very high end 5'ers. Also glad that they use the US made Goodyear endurance trailer tires. Hopefully those are good as well, noticed they're significantly heavier than the Goodyear marathons that precede them. I can't wait to have a rig to take down the Oregon coast.
E'Aho L'ua
2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW |Cummins @ 370/800| 68RFE| 3.42 gears
Currently Rig-less (still shopping and biding my time)

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats looks great. glad you are enjoying it. Will be doing some clamming tomorrow myself.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all. It's a big investment for a blue collar workin stiff! Hopefully she'll last for many years.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, pretty camper

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice! Great job with the purchase experience! Glad your happy! Thats a Very Very comfortable looking rig! With your truck that must be a pleasure to tow! Congrats and enjoy! Clams and Oysters are my favorite part of camping!

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
We start our trip with the fridge and pantry full and if staying for more than a week we plan a grocery trip with just the truck, leave the trailer in camp.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
DynoDragn wrote:
Nice! Glad to see a positive experience from a dealer. What makes an off road package? Is the suspension different?

No kidding, great experience so far...

Off road package adds 16" E rated wheels and tires. Upgraded gas shocks, Mor/ryde CRE/3000 suspension. 4K jack up front is also a part of the 4X4 package

2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

DynoDragn
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! Glad to see a positive experience from a dealer. What makes an off road package? Is the suspension different?
2016 Ram 2500 Longhorn 6.7
2015 XLR Nitro
2012 Ford F-350 DRW King Ranch 6.7
2013 Landmark San Antonio

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from our first trip and thought I would report back. The buying experience at Sumner RV was perfect. Walk through was thorough, paper work quick and easy, got my hitch dialed in.

Played around with my air bags a little and found not needed at all. When I put a little air in them I sway a little since I lift off of my bump stops. Tows great, but I know it's there for sure. I couldn't imagine towing this with a 1/2 ton. It is a heavy rig for a 24' . Dry is about 6500, so wet I figure is 8-8500. Gvw of the TT is 11k. This rig doesn't say light on the side of it for a reason! Tows great, super happy, ready to tackle the cascade mountains.

First trip was on the Hood Canal, WA. Dug clams, shucked oysters and a lot of RnR. Had time to read through the manuals and such. Really loving the space coming from a TC. Only thing I missed was just pulling into the grocery store without planning and hoping for enough room to park.

2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Very nice looking. Happy Trails!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Camper_G
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. That's a beautiful rig, for sure. Very very nice. Good luck with it
2017 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4, CCSB, 6.4L HEMI, Snow Chief, tow package.,1989 Skyline Layton model 75-2251.

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
"Haven't picked it up yet, but buying experience and price was gooD."

May be a tad early to express such a fabulous recommendation but hopefully...

Agreed, that's why i said let's see how this first trip goes and delivery. I WILL post the overall experience with this dealer as time goes by.

I will tell you, locally in Washington State, I had a lot of dialogue with the other ORV dealer here in Western Washington, I can tell you the dialogue went south when I said I bought from the competitor. Very disappointed in the response I received from their President. Pretty sure I went with the right local dealer...Sumner RV.
Time will tell....
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

TexasChaps
Explorer
Explorer
Area13 wrote:
Sold my TC yesterday bought a TT today. Did a ton of research and had what I wanted picked out, got the price I wanted, done.

2017 O.R.V. Timber Ridge 24RKS with the offroad package, upgraded shocks, 16" E tires. I think these things are built well, hope i'm right, we'll see. Here are some pics, pretty stoked.

we optioned the recliners instead of the couch..
welcome to the club.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Haven't picked it up yet, but buying experience and price was gooD."

May be a tad early to express such a fabulous recommendation but hopefully...
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad