cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

buying R.V.

jackbuck
Explorer
Explorer
What percent can you expect a dealer to come down from the MSRP.??
jackbuck ,2016 Arctic Fox 29-5-k ,2004 chev 3500 crew with 8100gas,Virginia.One great wife two trailor dogs,9 boys and 2 of the other kind.,all on their own, empty nest. its hard to see the picture when you are inside the frame.
8 REPLIES 8

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a new left over 2013 Gray Wolf in Feb. with a list price of $23,000 and change, I bought it for $13,300. Of course this was in the winter when things are a little slower for them.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
MSRP is not regulated like the auto industry in North America. If a manufacturer lists MSRP, then at least 30% off MSRP is good, sometimes almost 40%. I agree that getting quotes from so called wholesale RV dealers. There are a handful of dealers that historically few people beat on pricing when picked up at their dealers in the mid-west. Get quotes from them who carry the model you want. Then compare to local quotes and evaluate the value to you on travel or delivery. It may not be worth dealer with those wholesalers, but at least you know what the floor pricing is for a given model.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Heavy_Metal_Doc
Explorer
Explorer
As others here advised me when I was shopping: I would not even talk to a dealer asking anywhere close to "list price". You should get down off of that number buy at least 25%.

I took that and the other advice posted here and then got a quote on the exact same unit, which I found I liked at a local dealer, from RVW. I took that number back to the local guy and negotiated further. Ended up getting up around 35% off when you factor in all I got for extras - WDH and a lot more stuff than just a "start up kit" from the parts / accessories store. A little over RVW price, but well within reason to NOT drive half way across the country to save a little more.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Agree on RVD and RVW. We bought both our HTT and TT from RVW and very pleased + saved a bunch of dollars. Good people to deal with - no games.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
jackbuck wrote:

The best advice I can give you is to get a quote from rvdirect.com and rvwholesalers.com. Both good companies to deal with and you'll get an idea of what a good price is.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
jackbuck wrote:

Depends on how greedy the dealer is.

In the RV world, "MSRP" is not a manufacturers suggested retail price. Those MSRP numbers are set by the individual dealers.

You can find identical RV's, at different dealers, with MSRP's that differ by several thousand dollars. If a dealer has a higher MSRP, he can give a bigger discount and still make more profit.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
msrp post
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

sharker6
Explorer
Explorer
If I were buying new today I'd start at around 35% off the meaningless MSRP and negotiate from there.
2017 Keystone Cougar 29RES, 2008 F250 Diesel FX4