cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California to Ban the Sale of New Gasoline Cars by 2035

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Like the title says "California to ban the sales of new gasoline cars by 2035". I can see it now all those used cars being hauled to Mexico will now be hauled to California.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
65 REPLIES 65

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
shelbyfv wrote:
:h

That's a poor excuse for a salute emoji to an AMERICAN military man.....

Really in poor taste, even for you.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
:h

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Time2roll you have my permission to grab that rife, boots and ruck sack on your way to Ukraine to save those folks. I will cheer you all the way.

1970 Vietnam. Saved over 1500 civlians and soldiers from the combat zone

1980 South China Sea volunteer UN rescue pilot saving 1000 Vietnam refugee boat people https://i.imgur.com/rRb3Nw8m.png

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Time2Roll. My gas guzzling Bell 206 helicopter landing on the UN/Red Cross ship Cap Anamour, a German cargo ship

1980 Volunteer UN rescue pilot save over 1000 Vietnam Boat refugees in South China Sea

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
ferndaleflyer wrote:
More BS about the US saving the world at our own expense. Open borders, climate change, getting involved in every little war on earth. All while those that hate us expand their influence and power on the world. So now Calif will force you to buy an electric car all the while building houses and using swimming pools while running out of water. Already have rolling brown outs when it is hot so add electric cars to the mix as India builds 70+ coal fired power plants. This country is killing its self from with in it seems.

Unfortunely on this forum common sense folks like you are in the minority but the rest of us 300 million gassers will still be in the great majority after 2035. The silly crowd pushing this stuff will be DODO birds before then. Cheers to you.
So do we decry the countries expanding influence or do we fight the war? Ukraine is the latest example of attempting to preserve democracy over totalitarianism, dictatorship and communism.

And BTW no rolling brown outs in CA. Has been only a couple rolling black outs due to lack of generation. Once way back in the Enron corruption of mismanagement and a few years ago in a localized area due to a natural gas plant going off line unexpectedly.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
ferndaleflyer wrote:
More BS about the US saving the world at our own expense. Open borders, climate change, getting involved in every little war on earth. All while those that hate us expand their influence and power on the world. So now Calif will force you to buy an electric car all the while building houses and using swimming pools while running out of water. Already have rolling brown outs when it is hot so add electric cars to the mix as India builds 70+ coal fired power plants. This country is killing its self from with in it seems.

Unfortunely on this forum common sense folks like you are in the minority but the rest of us 300 million gassers will still be in the great majority after 2035. The silly crowd pushing this stuff will be DODO birds before then. Cheers to you.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I just want to know when our local Disneyland will get rid of the stenchy Autopia cars in "Tomorrow Land".
Last time I visited I could hardly breathe in the loading area.

The CO hits you like a fog 😞

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ferndaleflyer wrote:

Well said.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
And Scoob, I presume you live in Missouri, Independence maybe?

Seems like you'd be much more at home in LA county or frankly any other Blue state. But yet you're not.
Just an observation.
Because the way you talk, you'd be much happier in a blue state.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
JRscooby wrote:
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Scoobydoo I like your excuse for letting the other big polluting countries have free ride on continued global air pollution. I do not share your guilt complex of blaming America first for everything. And except for this forum I think most Americans would agree with me. Compared to the jet set crowd and some RVers my carbon footprint is very small indeed. I now fish and camp without the small TT. No hypocrite here bubba joe just the facts. Cheers

Do I blame all America? Over half century ago science started talking about the dangers of climate change. Not long after, a President started advocating reduced energy use, andput solar panels on the roof of white house to show/study the possibility of renewable energy generation. Can we even guess how much less carbon would be in air now if we had built on that for all the years? But instead the next guy mocked the idea of a sweater in the house, had panels removed. Somehow the people that want to profit off oil and gas made climate a political issue. Oil companies have for decades got reports of harm from scientists, buried those reports, and hired politicians to protect their profit.
Many times on this site we read the evil in other developed counties for restricting ICE in their cities. Look at rivers/lakes in SW US. Do you see a problem? Some of the veggie growing land in Cali are not expected to produce this year. With the restrictions in production of wheat in Ukraine Kansas farmer should be expecting great things right? Many farmers are not getting rain, production reduced. Now look around the world. Rivers at low levels not seen in 500 years. We all have waited to long, but much of that wait is because of pushback from 1 major party in US. Even now, we hear "Why should we act? Force others to act first!" US claims to be world leader. I'm sure many people in other developed countries, forced to reduce from a lower average level "Why should we act? US is not acting, their bad air will come here!"

LOL, if you're going to pretend to consider all the factors, you forgot the most important one.
SoCal's natural climate and naturally occurring water never would have supported squat for agriculture or population.
MAN MADE accommodations provided for the growth of agriculture and population.
Now with 24 million people documented plus the millions of undocumented, a natural occurrence (drought) suddenly (like last 20-40 years) becomes an issue.
PS solar power doesn't grow plants, but the environmentalists can't decide which horse to ride and which one to beat on a day to day basis.
Typical envrio carp. Wind power bad, ruins the view and kills eagles or whatever (I agree windfarms are ugly compared to nature). But 1000s of square miles of solar would be more attractive?

Sure, SoCal is the right environment for some produce, but there's enough land for produce where one is NOT draining a river that now doesn't have enough water to support the actual usage.

Is there a huge city in the middle of Death Valley? Nope, because noone wants to live there and it would be far to costly to provide the infrastructure to make in hospitable.
Only because SoCal gets all it's water from the east, does it even remotely exist to the extent it does these days.
Can't cry in your beer about not having the "resources" that never would or should have been there in the first place.
It's like an overgrown example of people who build on a hillside and lose their home to a mudslide. That's THEIR fault. Plenty of places to live that won't wash away.
Or those that buy a home next to a freeway and complain about the noise...

It's all about the contributors and solution providers fixing the issues of the whiners and dreamers and ignorant....

The only emotion involved is from those who think their opinions matter when they have no skills to solve the problem and stand by their "convictions" all while being dependent on and expecting someone else to wipe their @ss!

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I love how change brings out the emotions. Personally I say YAY. By the time we hit 2035 there will be a solid charging infrastructure, faster charging and hopefully a better battery technology.

In the mean time, I am doing my part to belch out diesel fumes at 8 mpg.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
JRscooby wrote:
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Scoobydoo I like your excuse for letting the other big polluting countries have free ride on continued global air pollution. I do not share your guilt complex of blaming America first for everything. And except for this forum I think most Americans would agree with me. Compared to the jet set crowd and some RVers my carbon footprint is very small indeed. I now fish and camp without the small TT. No hypocrite here bubba joe just the facts. Cheers

Do I blame all America? Over half century ago science started talking about the dangers of climate change. Not long after, a President started advocating reduced energy use, andput solar panels on the roof of white house to show/study the possibility of renewable energy generation. Can we even guess how much less carbon would be in air now if we had built on that for all the years? But instead the next guy mocked the idea of a sweater in the house, had panels removed. Somehow the people that want to profit off oil and gas made climate a political issue. Oil companies have for decades got reports of harm from scientists, buried those reports, and hired politicians to protect their profit.
Many times on this site we read the evil in other developed counties for restricting ICE in their cities. Look at rivers/lakes in SW US. Do you see a problem? Some of the veggie growing land in Cali are not expected to produce this year. With the restrictions in production of wheat in Ukraine Kansas farmer should be expecting great things right? Many farmers are not getting rain, production reduced. Now look around the world. Rivers at low levels not seen in 500 years. We all have waited to long, but much of that wait is because of pushback from 1 major party in US. Even now, we hear "Why should we act? Force others to act first!" US claims to be world leader. I'm sure many people in other developed countries, forced to reduce from a lower average level "Why should we act? US is not acting, their bad air will come here!"

While it is true that Reagan removed the panels from the roof that Carter had installed, Bush re-installed solar on the WH grounds in 2003. In 2010 panels were also installed on the WH roof again. Your narrative makes it seem like it was dropped with Regan and never re-visited by subsequent presidents.

Are droughts solely the result of climate change? No. Droughts and flooding elsewhere is also a result of improper forestation and land management. Biggest contributors are farming itself, residential and commercial building and mining. Simply put, when you don't have natural vegetation to retain soil and moisture you get runoff and erosion and this continually exacerbates itself. This process is also a large contributor to climate change. Plants convert CO2 to O2. Houses don't, roads don't, commercial structures don't, farming doesn't, and mining doesn't. I think about this as I see all the news about new mining for battery raw materials to save the planet. You aren't solving anything. Just trading one problem/contributor for another. But lots of money being made.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS