cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can I Even Fit A New Fridge Into Lance 845?

HotelOne
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new Norcold on order to replace my dead unit. Today I thought to look at the dimensions of the new fridge and for the life of me I can't see how I'll be able to get it into the camper. I knew that this could be an issue but never thought I'd be bit. The fridge is 36 9/16" x 23 11/16" x 24". The door is only a little over 20" wide, the side window is only 18" high and the roof hatch is only 24"x17". Taking thedoors off don't seem to help much due to the unremovable upper control panel. What can I do?
2001 Dodge Crew Cab 2500 4X4
2006 Lance 8SCS (845)
9 REPLIES 9

HotelOne
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for everyone's help on this, I'm going to bite the bullet and have it professionally installed. At this point I'm just glad that it WILL eventually fit and that I won't have to send it back.
2006 Lance 8SCS (845)

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are a couple of You Tube video's on the subject.

Exact_Mass
Explorer
Explorer
I have been through this process on my Lance 835 which has essentially the same dimensions as your 845. You will have to remove the frig door and the cooling unit in order to get the old one out through the camper door. Same goes for getting the new one in. I think it sounds worse than it is but perhaps it's a bit beyond a typical DIY job. If you want some details, PM me.
2004 Dodge 2500 CTD
2004 Lance Lite 835
2016 Arctic Fox 22G

HotelOne
Explorer
Explorer
dave17352 wrote:
I think you will have to remove the cooling unit. If you remove the door frame you will gain a little but probable not enough. I recently installed a 12 volt danfoss compressor fridge from nova kool. One of the things that was great is they had many models that would fit through the door. I had to take the cooling unit off of the fridge I was removing. I would return that fridge and go 12 volt but that's just my opinion. I really think you will have a issue with the fridge you have ordered. Only because of the fact that I have all ready been through this.

Thank you for this, with the unit over 3" wider than my widest entry I think it'll be a no-go. I'm sure I'll be able to demo the old fridge with enough crowbar and hacksaw applied. I did find the Nova Kool fridges - does yours really cool well enough in 12V? Should I get a 120/12V unit? Does it auto-switch or manually switch? TIA!
2006 Lance 8SCS (845)

HotelOne
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Will it fit through the door with the door off?

I don't have the unit yet and I don't want to unbox it if I have to return it. $1K!
2006 Lance 8SCS (845)

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
I think you will have to remove the cooling unit. If you remove the door frame you will gain a little but probable not enough. I recently installed a 12 volt danfoss compressor fridge from nova kool. One of the things that was great is they had many models that would fit through the door. I had to take the cooling unit off of the fridge I was removing. I would return that fridge and go 12 volt but that's just my opinion. I really think you will have a issue with the fridge you have ordered. Only because of the fact that I have all ready been through this.
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Usually have to remove the fridge door.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Will it fit through the door with the door off?

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
the 23 is probably with the door and hinges on. i had one the other day it took laying it down and feeding it out the doir turning at a angle to get it out