cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't find fresh water drain on 2000 AF1150

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
Update 10/2/14 - I found it! Check the last post for details.

OK, I give up. I have looked around, under, and into every nook and cranny on this thing and can't find the fresh water tank drain. I've found the grey, black, and low-point drains, but I can't seem to find this one.

I'm sure someone here has one and can tell me where it is.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.
14 REPLIES 14

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking around the other end of the tank and I could feel a drain tube under the tank. I took a photo with my camera so I knew what it looked like. Now that I knew what I was looking for, I went to the rear and it was obvious. It was indeed the tube that Kerry identified in the previous post. I had looked past it because I assumed that it was a low-point drain.

The curved tube is my fresh water tank drain and the vertical tube in the foreground is a low-point drain.

Now I have to figure out if the other drain is the hot or cold low point and then figure out where the other one is. I wonder if the water heater is the low point drain for this system.

-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully these two pics will help you. If you have a fresh water drain inside the valve compartment, it should be very easy to see. The white colored pipe and valve near the middle of the first pic is the fresh water drain in my AF 1140. Looking under the compartment you should easily see and have a drain tube. The fresh water drain tube is the longer one on the right. If for some reason the drain was removed, you should still have signs of a hole under the compartment where the tube used to be. If there is no hole, or a spot where one may have been at one time, than I would say you TC never had one, atleast not in that compartment.

2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
I ended up not going to La Grande. I called AF and they said that the drain is in the back compartment by the rest of the water drains. I looked and looked with a flashlight and with my head stuffed into the compartment as much as possible. I felt around with my hands. I poured over the underside of the camper looking for valves and drains.

If it's there, I certainly can't find it!

bedrocker
Explorer
Explorer
Thats a good reason ๐Ÿ™‚

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
bedrocker wrote:
Give a call to AF
I'm actually going through La Grande, OR next weekend and I was thinking of stopping by.

bedrocker
Explorer
Explorer
Give a call to AF

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
No dice. I looked very thoroughly in the drain compartment. All I have is the low point drains and the the sewer drains. The underside is solid except for the drain opening and the generator compartment so I can't find it by locating the drain tube.

I guess I have to use the pump to empty the tank. I don't like that because I don't like running the pump for so long and I don't feel like it gets the tank completely empty.

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
On my AF 990 it is in the compartment with the gray, black, and other valves. Two are pretty obvious and are in the vertical pipes draining the hot and cold lines. The FW tank drain is right on the floor of the compartment in a horizonal pipe running right along the floor.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

Specularius
Explorer
Explorer
Not an EC but on my Okanagan, the tube that the pump sucks up antifreeze to winterize is also the fresh water drain. Just depends on which position the valves are in on the water pump.
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 Scorpion Diesel Reese Ford Hitch
2014 Grand Design Momentum 355TH

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
I'll double check the waste valve compartment and make sure I look against the walls. I didn't do that.

Super_Dave, that's a good technique.

Thanks for the quick responses guys, I'll look for it when I get home.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
CFC, in looking for the valve, did you find the discharge tube on the underneath side of the camper? Look for the discharge tube and then within a couple feet of that in the nearest compartment. wnjj, on my EC it is on the floor of the waste valve compartment, tucked back close to the main door.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

RICKIM
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't know if they relocated it from 2000 to 2008, but mine is on the floor in the dump valves compartment.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Rick
2018 AF1140DB, 400W solar, Trimetric, Lifeline GPL-31XTโ€™s, rear deck,
2019 5500 Ram Crew, DRW, 6.7L-CTD, Custom TC bed, on board air, Front Rack

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is there one? On my EC, I don't know if there is. I just run the pump with the low point drains open.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Left rear compartment ??
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31