cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cave Campers

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure if this has been raised here before but here is a company selling very basic and light truck Campers:

Cave Truck Campers
23 REPLIES 23

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found that putting on a camper and taking it off is a lot of work. Maybe these are light enough to stay on all the time, or at least for the field season.

For $10,000 they are too bare bones. I just sleep in the back of my pu with a canopy on it, especially when towing a boat.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice upgrade from a tent, especially in bear country. You could use a camp stove to cook with and add a handpump sink if you wanted to. I wouldn't mind having one if I planned to travel alone all the time.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
It looks to be a very nice basic little camper and would be perfect for a minimalist to enjoy.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I like it.

And I like the rental business idea. I've seen overseas tourists who rent minivans which are set up for camping. This could be better, or serve a slightly different market, than the van renters.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like this... Would be perfect shell for my F150 Truck bed...

A inside photo of layout...

Looks like a perfect setup for my off-road Ham radio setup ops...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
My first thought is this is perfect for camping in west Texas with west Texas dust. If you have never experienced this stuff, it is an ultra fine powdery dust that has a static electric charge and clings to EVERYTHING. The ability to hose it out is the only way one might ever clear an RV of the stuff. Then I noticed they are based in San Marcos, TX which is between San Antonio and Austin at the edge of the Texas hill country.

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
interesting little camper.

I have a heat pump on my 5er, problem is once it hits 40f its useless. Than the temp has to drop 4 more degrees before gas comes on and brings temps backup to set temp (while heat pump continues to blow cold air). I usually wake up cold before that 4 deg drop completes and switch it over to gas heat. They sure thought that one out well, but what do you expect from RV industry.
They should be using the mini split systems by now.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
They're too basic for me.
I'm sure they are perfect for some.
And, it's definitely better than a tent. :C

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I'd like one of those heat pump units.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator