cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

China Bombs Twist

SALEM1
Explorer
Explorer
I know this will open a can of worms but I have to ask if anyone has seen this.

I am experiencing loss of air on all five tires on my new TT. It's like 1 pound per day on every tire including the spare! I can't imagine that all five tires were not mounted properly and I have traveled around 500 miles on four of them already with no other issues. Could it be the tires????:S

I have an appointment with the dealer this Friday to check this out but would like to hear from the community.

Oh, and the tires are Ridgway Sport ST205-75D-15 which probably cost Forest River less than $10 each.
2015 Forest River Salem 27RLSS
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Hemi
7 REPLIES 7

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
So they will continue to lose air and after 5 days they would be 5 pounds down and the air temp was essentially the same
My first thought would be to get a tire valve tool and make sure the valves are seated into the stems. Do the stems have caps on them. If not put on caps on half of them and see if those stop losing air.
Next would be a good soap test around the rim and stem to check for leaks.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
How is anyone going to figure this out over the internet?

You've got a brand new TT with claimed 5 tires losing air. Highly unlikely.

The correct course of action would be to take the TT to the dealer and they will have to leak test every single tire.

You better be ABSOLUTLY sure about the loss of pressure, cause they will be super PO'd if they do all that for nothing.

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
Temperature change and altitude change also effects pressure.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Saw a blow out on a TT yesterday. Passed me like I was standing still. I was doing 62. Just as I mentioned to my wife that many tires are not rated for those speeds his right rear blew. Shrapnel flew a long way and he managed to dodge back into my lane and finally pulled to the side. He went a long way at a high speed even after that.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Soapy water around tire rim/bead and valve stem....
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

SALEM1
Explorer
Explorer
I normally check the air in the morning and have used the same procedure for many years and never experienced this on all tires. I have had 1 TT tire with a leak and once had 1 tire on my truck with a leaky valve but all five? I did not check the air every day, only after a 4 day camping trip. 50 pounds first day 45 pounds last day.
2015 Forest River Salem 27RLSS
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Hemi

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Could be the valve stems?

Was the temp the same when you checked them? Warmer increase, cooler decrease.

Pressures will vary if they are drove on as well.

Just the act of checking the tire can let out a pound of air.