:R

Actual prices from Chevy :

https://www.chevrolet.com/trucks/silverado/2500hd-3500hd
37 REPLIES 37

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Okay, when Tesla first announced their Model 3 it was to be priced at $35,000.

"The Model 3 was always supposed to start at $35,000 dating back to its reveal in 2016, but Tesla had to focus on higher-priced versions of the car once it was in production." It's called "upselling", lure the customer in with a low price, but then "Wow, we don't have any of that cheaper model, but we do have these other ones for $10,000 to $20,000 higher".

"Upselling is a sales technique where a seller induces the customer to purchase more expensive items, upgrades or other add-ons in an attempt to make a more profitable sale."

I really don't know what to say if you're unaware that it has taken Tesla 3 years to actually start selling the car at the price point that was bragged about when it was first introduced.

You might have confused the topic click-and-bait with upselling -- which is a common practice not just for cars.

Click-and-bait is when you see an ad for low priced item -- or you are promised that price by a dealer.

But once you go see them, they tell you it's not available and he'll shoehorn and hard sell pressure you to their high price, albeit, same model car you looked at.

In my daughter and friend's case with Tesla, the price points are available if they want them or wait a little for their desired options at transparent add on costs.

It would have been unethical for Musk had he promised a $35,000 car on those who sign up for pre-order and wait listed if it's not at that price when finally their numbers are up and called. They did not raise the price and still the price point is available for standard or basic Tesla 3 unit.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well the ad worked.........they convinced me not to buy one.
Thats what they were after with that truck? Right?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Exactly, so I don't understand why anyone would think there is mis-representation or bait-and-switch on the pricing.

Even before the introduction and during the pre-production reservations, Tesla stayed on their commitment of pricing at their basic unit at $35,000.

After they delivered on their commitment, it's now their prerogative to adjust to new pricing if they choose to do so as any manufacturer does to achieve their revenue and/or profit target.
Okay, when Tesla first announced their Model 3 it was to be priced at $35,000.

"The Model 3 was always supposed to start at $35,000 dating back to its reveal in 2016, but Tesla had to focus on higher-priced versions of the car once it was in production." It's called "upselling", lure the customer in with a low price, but then "Wow, we don't have any of that cheaper model, but we do have these other ones for $10,000 to $20,000 higher".

"Upselling is a sales technique where a seller induces the customer to purchase more expensive items, upgrades or other add-ons in an attempt to make a more profitable sale."

I really don't know what to say if you're unaware that it has taken Tesla 3 years to actually start selling the car at the price point that was bragged about when it was first introduced.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
noteven wrote:
I’m waiting till Chevrolet gets a bigger grille...
Shoot, it gets any bigger they'll have to put a "Wide Load" or "Extra Height" sign on it.

Ya it has to get at least 2x bigger than the grille on a Kenworth C500 1760sq in radiator cooling 625hp hauling 220,000lbs or I ain’t interested 🙂

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Can't fix that bow tie.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
That looks like online pricing to me. I don't see why online car buying is any different than offline. They still want the most they can get out of their vehicle while giving you the least for yours.

And, sorry, but I want to see what I'm getting for my money. Does the phrase "Pig in a Poke" ring a bell?

And Tesla was big in online pricing with that $35,000 Model 3 that took a long time to finally show up. Seems like they said it would be $35,000, but surprise, "We just don't have any at that price, perhaps one of these much more expensive ones will work". Sounds a lot like "Bait and Switch" to me.

I'm referring to what-you-see-is-what-you-get internet car buying Cars.Direct etc.

And your experience with Tesla must be different from my daughter's and my friend.

My daughter was given the choice to of getting her basic Tesla X outright or the added options with two-week wait. In this case, the waiting list is on with add-on and options.

My friend wanting to buy Model 3 have 2 months waiting list for the basic $35,000 and 2 1/2 months for add-on options of his choice.

What you see is what you get similar to this...

Exactly, so I don't understand why anyone would think there is mis-representation or bait-and-switch on the pricing.

Even before the introduction and during the pre-production reservations, Tesla stayed on their commitment of pricing at their basic unit at $35,000.

After they delivered on their commitment, it's now their prerogative to adjust to new pricing if they choose to do so as any manufacturer does to achieve their revenue and/or profit target.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
That looks like online pricing to me. I don't see why online car buying is any different than offline. They still want the most they can get out of their vehicle while giving you the least for yours.

And, sorry, but I want to see what I'm getting for my money. Does the phrase "Pig in a Poke" ring a bell?

And Tesla was big in online pricing with that $35,000 Model 3 that took a long time to finally show up. Seems like they said it would be $35,000, but surprise, "We just don't have any at that price, perhaps one of these much more expensive ones will work". Sounds a lot like "Bait and Switch" to me.

I'm referring to what-you-see-is-what-you-get internet car buying Cars.Direct etc.

And your experience with Tesla must be different from my daughter's and my friend.

My daughter was given the choice to of getting her basic Tesla X outright or the added options with two-week wait. In this case, the waiting list is on with add-on and options.

My friend wanting to buy Model 3 have 2 months waiting list for the basic $35,000 and 2 1/2 months for add-on options of his choice.

What you see is what you get similar to this...

mich800
Explorer
Explorer

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Maybe they are heavily discounting to help sell that front end. :E

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Has the Aztec not taught Chevy anything???

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
gmcsmoke wrote:
They ought to pay you 30k to buy that thing

^^^^^ THIS!

These trucks are F-u-g-l-y
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
They ought to pay you 30k to buy that thing

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
carringb wrote:
Here's the 2022 version:

Too funny, the only thing it needs is 4 head lights like the queen family truckster from Vacation

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the 2022 version:

2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST