cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors of trucks!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Just an observation. Coming back from the beach today I happen to notice that there are 10 trucks that are white. One black and one bronze, all various makes. We are in Navarre FL, but I didn’t notice the plates on the trucks.

Is this a new color tend? I mean I do I like white, but if everything is going white, I may have to change color. BTW my everyday car is a pearl white Chrysler 300.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
55 REPLIES 55

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
Interesting discussion on exterior colors, but what about interior colors. Why are soooooo many black? Black!!! The hottest, and arguably most difficult to keep clean (actually clean -- not just looking clean). Give me a light color interior any day of the week. So much cooler, so much easier on the eyes, and unless you're transporting a work crew, as easy to keep clean as any other color.

When I ordered my F150 with a light colored leather interior I had to sign a disclaimer that I would not hold Ford responsible for it getting dirty. I put seat covers on it immediately after arrival and have no idea whether the seats are clean or dirty right now.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Egor'sRV wrote:
I was visiting someone at a hospital and decided to have a look out the window. It happened that the view was of the parking lot six stories down.

Out of the entire lot, 99% of the vehicles were either white/silver or extremely dark midnight blue, green, or black.

It was very easy to spot my YELLOW Fiero as it was the only other color in the lot.

Fiero? Lol
It was also the only Fiero in the lot as well....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
White is the easiest color to match when doing body repairs.
I went camping last week and there were 5 grey trucks in a row, a recently popular color.

Egor_sRV
Explorer
Explorer
I was visiting someone at a hospital and decided to have a look out the window. It happened that the view was of the parking lot six stories down.

Out of the entire lot, 99% of the vehicles were either white/silver or extremely dark midnight blue, green, or black.

It was very easy to spot my YELLOW Fiero as it was the only other color in the lot.
"Of all the things I have lost during my lifetime, I miss my mind the most."

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
My new truck is dark blue with faint metal flake in it, last truck was dark blue, Our Mercedes is silver/grey, and the wife's CRV is dark grey. Never cared for white vehicles. By contrast my sister has and will only ever have, a white vehicle.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
Since I don't order my vehicles, I take whatever color (Except red)that is on the lot. It is hard enough to find a truck that hits the right spec without color coming into the mix.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
You'll find more white where the summers are hot, it reflects some of the heat.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Bedlam
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
Interesting discussion on exterior colors, but what about interior colors. Why are soooooo many black? Black!!! The hottest, and arguably most difficult to keep clean (actually clean -- not just looking clean). Give me a light color interior any day of the week. So much cooler, so much easier on the eyes, and unless you're transporting a work crew, as easy to keep clean as any other color.

Three gray and one tan interior for me.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
White has long been the dominate color in this area. We have owned vehicles of just about every color over the years except orange. But our last several have all been white. And will likely continue.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
I have 3 white vehicles. Living in the southeast all my life and never owned a white vehicle until we bought our 2018 F350 tan interior. Parked in the Florida sun, it takes only a few minutes to be comfortable. 2019 YUKON white, 2019 Corvette white.

Bedlam
Brown '82, black '89, red '05 and back to brown on my '15.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
My 2011 Ram is hunter green. Get a lot of compliments on the colour but don't see many around. It's one of those colours that changes according to the light. It is green but can also look blue or black depending on the light.

Like other dark colours it is hard to keep clean.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
I've had various colors. Part of the reason there are so many white trucks is beccause the manufacturers aren't making the variety of colors that they used to. Green was the first color to go. I've had many different colors and won't have another white vehicle. Here in the northeast they are impossible to keep clean. Shortly after washing they tend to turn a dirty ivory. I also won't have another red. Red paint tends to oxidize and needs to be constantly waxed.

Further to the debate, I found this article of interest:

Truck Colors
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com