cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering a '17 3500 Ram

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
As the title says, looking for comments from the Ram owners. Has the HO with Aisin. Mega cab with Laramie trim. 55,000 miles. Any thoughts, comments? Does it have heat/AC vents under the front seats for the rear passengers? Weird question but important one for us.

Thanks
S
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS
21 REPLIES 21

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you want a great VIN decoder for your ram this is the best I have found. It gives a complete listing of all installed standard equipment and Options. It also list the area the vehicle was delivered to new.

Ram Decoder
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
spud1957 wrote:
As the title says, looking for comments from the Ram owners. Has the HO with Aisin. Mega cab with Laramie trim. 55,000 miles. Any thoughts, comments? Does it have heat/AC vents under the front seats for the rear passengers? Weird question but important one for us.

Thanks
S

SRW or Dually? We love our SRW with 3.42 gears and Aisin, towed at 24,500 combined just fine and is a freeway cruiser empty. Like the Laramie trim level and full center console. Our 2015 has heated and ventilated front seats and heated rear seats. I believe that there are HVAC ducts under the front seats that service the rear passengers.

Hard to go wrong with the 2017 model year. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I came from several Fords and bought the truck in my signature new. We absolutely love it and have no regrets; they are great, solid trucks with a fantastic power plant. And best of all, they have a reliable high pressure fuel pump.

The Megacab is great with unbelievable room, I think you will love it!

Keep us posted!
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has vents under the seats plus a couple in the console. I'd go for it, they're nice trucks. The Aisin has pretty frequent fluid changes but it's probably a better transmission than the 68RFE although mind hasn't given me any trouble yet.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a base model 2015, its a great truck. The exhaust brake is fantastic, my regular engine has plenty of power so your HO will be even better. Yes, there is rear heat under the front seats and rear AC with adjustable vents between the front seats. The Mega cab is nice, as the seats can recline to make it more comfy for passengers and there is a lot of room behind the seats for storage.

I really like my truck. DEF is super easy to use and lasts quite a while. Mileage around town is 16-17 (empty) and 21-22 highway (empty).
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
My 12 model Laramie has them. Yours probably does too.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
If you know the VIN number of the truck you're considering, you can likely get all of the specs on it using a VIN Decoder.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.