cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

Kejsj30
Explorer
Explorer
jeeptp75 wrote:
I am just wondering how are people attaching things to the walls of their trailers. Expecially the flat panel tv's. I would love to do that but worried about it pulling out of the wall. What do you need to do special to make sure what you attach stays attached ๐Ÿ™‚

Take a piece of plywood large enough to span two wall studs on your wall (either use nice looking wood piece with routered edges or cover with the same wall covering as your trailer). Mount your TVs mounting bracket to the piece of plywood (you can through bolt in to the plywood). Now you can mount the plywood to your wall...............should give you the added support you are looking for.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2008 Keystone Raptor 3712TS

lotust
Explorer
Explorer
Nice mods guys. We just bought our first camper. Im looking foward to the mods. I want to change the 1156 bulbs to LeDs soon.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/9b/35/e4ee_1_sbl.JPG
Searching for our next TT Rv as we speak. Please let me know any good deals out there.

Abe_08
Explorer
Explorer
I also made one these this weekend. Used a kitty litter container and fits nice next to the gas cans.
Rob Abraham
2007 Jag II 23

explorer378
Explorer
Explorer
cgrisham wrote:
Here's one of my favorites. It protects the jack head (power jack) and gives me a place to hang the chains, and umbilical to protect them from the weather, too.

I made one of these this weekend. I used a 15 gal white plastic trash can and three 3" S hooks. Very easy mod.

Luvpitts
Explorer
Explorer
I second Jeeptp75's question!!
Claudia & Wayne
Semper Fi
2010 Open Range 399BHS

WHY didn't Noah SWAT those two mosquitoes???

Desperado359
Explorer
Explorer
I dry camp 99% of the time so, for the latest mod, I removed the microwave and put a door over the hole, now I have a nice place for my pots and pans, also made my own clock and put it up.
The last 5 shots are new.
1995 Ram CTD 2500 SLT, 5 Speed, 4X4, 3.54, ATS manifold. B-D 4" Exhaust Brake, 4" Exhaust, Mach 3 EDM's, 191 DV's, Street โ€œOโ€ plate, 215 pump, 3K GSK, Isspro EV. Boost, EGT, gauge set, 502Hp Dt 8/2007 5th wheel mods
2001 24' 5Th wheel Cougar single slider

jeeptp75
Explorer
Explorer
I am just wondering how are people attaching things to the walls of their trailers. Expecially the flat panel tv's. I would love to do that but worried about it pulling out of the wall. What do you need to do special to make sure what you attach stays attached ๐Ÿ™‚
2012 Ford F-150 V8 5.0
2014 Cougar X-Lite 28RBS

IrishPam
Explorer
Explorer
Ron & Bucky,
Thanks for the pictures on the shelving.
I normally don't like the wire shelves, but they are light weight & easy to move around. I can see that they also let more light into the cabinet than wood shelves would.
Ok, now I have my next interior project to work on....lol.

Pat, thanks for the info on the antenna.I am still on the fence about what to do, but an interior antenna might just work for the local channels since I like to drag our Directv satellite along on most trips. I know, I know, I used to be one of those campers who would look at campers with sat dishes as being ridiculous, but here we are a few years later dragging ours along.........lol.

Gotta love camping with all the comforts.....:B
Pam & Sharon
Sometimes William & Nanny Madge
Bella(Yellow Lab/Golden Mix), Piper(Black Lab mix),
Rusty(Red tick Coon Hound), Lacy (Border Collie)
Nigel(Shih Tzu)
2002 Itasca Sundancer 27P
2002 Yukon XL SLT with Timbrens
2008 Jay Feather 31V

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer

2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Quote Pam

Has anyone done anything to the long wardrobe type closest along side the bed?
Who brings clothes on hangers camping? Not us.
Currently I have plastic stackable drawers in there, but they only sit about halfway in, so there is a lot of lost space.
I wonder if it's worth shelving & maybe using baskets?

We put the wire shelves in 2 of our 3 hanging clothes closets. Attached the larger size quarter round with HEAVY Duty Velcro. Measured the width of the shelving, Home Depot cut the shelving for me. For the Deep shelves that are beside the bed I just used 2 pieces of the shelving material as those closets were really deep.

everymilesamemo
Explorer
Explorer
Pam, we were just staying at a camsite out in the boonies and couldnt get a signal. THere was a guy camped in a tent that had a little Flat Panel TV with a marine battery and one solar panel.

He had this Phillips HD/Antenna he said he had bought at Target and he was getting a bunch of channels! We have the standard antenna that most campers come with and our booster, and could only get one very badly.

You might want to try that before you spend high dollars replacing the stock antenna. This Phillips model just hooked right to the TV and was very small.

Good luck, and sorry to hear about your antenna.
Every Miles A Memory

Photo's of our Travels
When we realize our insignificance in this world,
it some how relieves the pressures from society to succeed
- Cindy Bonish

IrishPam
Explorer
Explorer
Larry,

Nice mods. I also added the fence post cover to hold our sewer hose.

I added a heavy plastic drawer next to the hose holder near my dump valve. I place our sewer connectors, dump hose, flush king, hand sanitizer & gloves in there.
I always hated putting that stuff in my front storage area.

I'm thinking now about adding a shelf to the long cabinet over our bed. There is a lot of unused space there.

Luvnevryminutofit that bike rack is awesome!

Has anyone done anything to the long wardrobe type closest along side the bed?
Who brings clothes on hangers camping? Not us.
Currently I have plastic stackable drawers in there, but they only sit about halfway in, so there is a lot of lost space.
I wonder if it's worth shelving & maybe using baskets?

In August I tore off our antenna. Yes, I neglected to lower the antenna & the trees we were parked under decided to keep the antenna. Well, now I need to replace it & was thinking about one of those satellite dishes with the omni directional antenna attached to it. Anyone have any experience with that set up?
The fancy dome satellites are way out of my budget, but I could spring for one of those crank-up ones with the antenna attached.
I've read that those omni directional antenna's are not nearly as good as the winegard booster ones. Any input?

Thanks, Pam
Pam & Sharon
Sometimes William & Nanny Madge
Bella(Yellow Lab/Golden Mix), Piper(Black Lab mix),
Rusty(Red tick Coon Hound), Lacy (Border Collie)
Nigel(Shih Tzu)
2002 Itasca Sundancer 27P
2002 Yukon XL SLT with Timbrens
2008 Jay Feather 31V

explorer378
Explorer
Explorer
LarryJM
That's somes nice mods very good work. I think I'll do the water heater drain hose. k

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well I finally got around to taking a few more pics, adding captions/descriptions and making up an album on my Webshots site so here it is if anyone is interested.

Trailer Mods

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Ag2000CO
Explorer
Explorer
Do you think I need to?:E When I stuck a scratch-awl through the floor and realized it also went through the frame, it just made my day! That sure slowed down restoration.
Lou
1959 Streamline 28'
Starband on a tripod
1960 Avion H-24 - gone to a better place