cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

MarionMedic
Explorer
Explorer
Ag2000CO wrote:
Fixed the whole in my floor

And the rusted in half frame too I hope.
1997 Chevy 3500 LWB Crew-Cab Dually 6.5 turbo-diesel
2005 Jayco JayFlight 29BHS

Visit FREEDOM OF THE ROAD.

SmokeyTitan
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome bike rack! That is what I would love to add to the TT but somehow cannot justify spending 500+ for a bike rack. Let us know how it holds up because that is a great job. Nice shot of the ice!
2006 Nissan Titan CC SE - With BigTow
2007 Ameri-Camp LE T326LE
"Smokey & The Bandit"
"State Park bound and down, loaded up for campin'"
Our CampSITE

lc-12
Explorer
Explorer
Luvnevryminutofit Your rig is similar to the "toppop rails" bicycle rack, of which I own one! You will love your bikes being up front as almost all "bounce" is removed. The only difference I saw with your setup was that the "bars" seemed smaller in diameter, but if they worked on the rear of a vehicle they will be OK on the front of your TT!

Luvnevryminutof
Explorer
Explorer
So here is one of my winter projects. It's an A-frame bike rack I built from materials I had lying around my shop and some cradles picked up at the local bike shop. I haven't given it a test ride yet so I can't comment on how it's going to work. I fear it may be too bouncy. I was carrying five bikes on my rear rack and they suffered alot of damage due to rubbing against one another. With this rack I can move the two adult bikes to the front and spread the kid bikes out a little more on the rear rack.

This is actually the second rack I built as the first one was very boxy and quite ugly. I went back to the drawing board and came up with this idea. It's basically 3/4" heavy wall conduit bent and welded with a cross bar and some home fabricated mounts. I think I spent approx $23 on it incuding the paint and grade 8 bolts w/ lock nuts.

There was a post yesterday about storing your weight dist bars and I may go back and incorporate something along the line of the "Bar Buddy" to hold them. I like their concept.

This is how the rack mounts to the A-frame.

Any comments would be appreciated. Happy Campn' ๐Ÿ™‚ (If the ice ever melts!!!)
Mark & Kim
Kaylee, Jake & Justin - da squids
2000 Jayco Eagle 325 BHS
'05 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax

lc-12
Explorer
Explorer
Hey fourcamping! Liked the TV mod!
Where did you find the TP Holder/magazine combo?
Looks like just the thing to have around!!!
Nice job.

fourcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Added a flat screen TV to the new TT.

Added a TP holder/magazine rack combo. No holes needed to drill into the new TT.

And a holder and hiding place for the broom.
Jennifer, and her family of six. Two of those being furry babies...one girl (Yorkie, Layla) and one boy (retired Greyhound racer Fernando aka Nando)

2008 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7L
2008 North Trail 28BHS

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a couple of pictures of our latest mods, Nothing fancy,but I think we'll like them much better...

out with the old...

in with the new...

Replaced on each side of the bed and over the rear bed too...
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

NJ6PACK
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I do not know why I made this post so wide :h
2007 Max Lite ML28 RS
1999 Ford E 350 Super Duty 15 Passenger Ext Van
6.8L V10 / 3.73 Gears

NJ6PACK
Explorer
Explorer
2Rad4U ,

I just picked up a2007 Max Lite ML28 RS Click on the link to see the pictures.

I was wondering where to put a few things in the bathroom so thanks for the pictures.

I have a few mod's planned for the TT:

If you look along the bottom there is pin striping that is brown, I don't like it so I want to cover it with white reflective tape then along the brown skirt I want to add LED lights along the side of the TT.

I want to replace all the existing lights with LED lights for brighter visibility at night

The stabilizer jacks, I made an adaptor for a cordless drill so I do not have to crank them down.
2007 Max Lite ML28 RS
1999 Ford E 350 Super Duty 15 Passenger Ext Van
6.8L V10 / 3.73 Gears

WadenCeeJay
Explorer
Explorer
So we've done a few modifications this week. Some are thanks to inspiration from this
very thread, so I thought it suiting to post up the new mods right here in this thread.

First mod... bubble level.

Next mod... those cool battery powered "push" lights. I attached them in each lower
cabin with velcro. Work really well.

This is a photo of the ugly, plastic, sun eaten entry handle. It really wasn't any good
as it wouldn't support ANYTHING, and was actually too small to even put a hand in.
You can see the mildew on our screw cover rubber. You can also see where the paint
was ruined due to a break in. That will be touched up later.

This is what we replaced it with.

Here is the shower curtain holder. Cheeeeeeesy. Non working fan as well.

We actually decided to keep it up and use those wire shower curtain holders to be
able to hang up wet bathing suits in the shower. But, we went ahead and put up a
new curtain rod with new curtain. Replaced the switch for the fan.

I saw something similar in this thread, but this one is magnetic. Usually used for tools
and screwdrivers and other things. Works great for this.

New toy for keeping an eye on the weather. Mounted next to the bed.

Maybe we'll have some more soon.
1998 Aerolite 8527RK Fifth wheel
2006 Ford Harley Davidson F250 TV (With blown head gaskets)

1995 National Dolphin 533

We need to sell the 5er now.

heitjer
Explorer
Explorer
Loopy - thanks for helping out!

StugPanzer - I just posted a few pics on the blog if you want more detail you can PM me and I send you close ups.

TreeHugger - yes - here is my setup. I switch between Computer, Truck Camera or Camper Camera.

"...we're on the road again..." MODS & More
2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab Laramie, 6.7L Cummins, 6 Speed Auto, Exhaust Break
2006 Sunset Creek 298BH by SunnyBrook, 33 1/2 ft

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Here's my first mod to my fiver.

Okay, it didn't come through big enough to read. I added a cabinet closer (about 1/2" high) directly above and one directly below that screen door slidy thing. All you have to do to open or close the screen door now is push.

How do I submit a thumbnail pic that will open in a larger pic if you click on it? Or, conversely, what is an idea size for a pic to show on page?
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

dkhender
Explorer
Explorer
Using the ideas I've gleaned from here and other forums, I'm in the process of adding two cameras. A back-up camera on the TV - I've purchased a lisc-plate mount camera for that, and also found since I had factory Navigation system, I purchased the adapter to add that camera view directly into my NAV system - that way when I put vehicle in reverse the NAV screen automatically switches to the rear TV camera. Also adding a camera to the TT - as I will only use this while towing (obviously) for this I purchased the camera set-up with a rear camera and will view that through a rear-view mirror (similar set-up to what stugpanzer did). That way when not towing, I just remove "add-on" mirror with camera viewer. Working now to determine best mounting method for camera on TT. Will post pics when complete.
2007 Four Winds/Thor Hurricane 34B w/ 2006 Chevy HHR TOAD
2002 Ford Explorer --> 2004 Ford Expedition & 2008 Gulf Stream Gulf Breeze 23 TRS
1994 Ford Explorer & Coleman PU

TreeHugger
Explorer
Explorer
heitjer wrote:
This is my personal favorite:

It gives me the rear view that I need during back up and during driving.

Others are posted on my blog.

That's a pretty good idea. I have an Avic-Z2 Nav System in my truck and it supports a camera system, I've thought about wiring something up like you have. I'm assuming your carputer can switch between the two cameras (TT and TV?)? I don't think mine can do that but I might be able to make a switch for it.

Loopy
Explorer
Explorer
It's in his blog......

http://heitjer.blogspot.com/2007/12/camper-mod-backup-camera-ready-to-roll.html
Bryan :B and my Parsons Russell Terrier, Melvin :E

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe 4D 4WD 5.7L 3.73" Rear End
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Weight Distribution Hitch
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
2008 Jayco Jay Flight G2 20BH and Mods:C