Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of TC plus Ancillary Equipment

gkerlin
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Folks,

I currently have a 37' 5'ver pulled by a F350 Dually longbed.

I want to get a truck camper (wife won the battle over the 5'vr years ago) so that we can do some smaller campgrounds, pull the boat sometimes... you know add that dimension to our RVing that we cant do with the 5'ver.

We'll keep the 5'ver but have the TC as well.

Anyway... looking at the list prices of a Lance or Arctic Fox in the size etc we want - they seem to be in the $30K range.

Two questions:

1 What do you find to be the average discount off of the asking price. On 5'vers I've always gotten somewhere in the 20-30% range off the asking price.

2 What would be the expected cost to get the truck set up to carry it? I'm guessing I need air bags, and the tiedowns etc.

I understand there is a wide range of possible cost options - just looking for some ideas.

oh - and my hitch lifts out leaving my bed flat so that is not a problem.

Thanks
Greg, Kate & The Doodles
Class A CDL
2012 Tiffin Phaeton
Freightliner / ISC380
4 REPLIES 4

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 4600 # TC (wet). We have Torklift tie downs, and fastguns. We also have a Torklift Superhitch with extension, to haul the boat.

We got everything from Tweety's. Decent prices and free shipping.

We have no mods to the truck and it hauls quite smoothly.

DH installed everything himself in about 3 hours.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

snowninja
Explorer II
Explorer II
torklift tiedowns and torklift superhitch is what I use. just got the superhitch installed and haven't used it yet but its highly recommended. there are others like reese hitches that can handle extended ball mounts. the tiedowns with fastguns cost me about $650 and I got the fastguns for $200 on CL about half price of new. the superhitch set up with extension truss run about $1k but if you look around you can find them cheaper. I installed mine myself so saved some $$$.

Sparky87k5
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a 4000# loaded camper in my F350 DRW 4x4 long box with nothing but Torklift frame mount tie downs and Fast guns. Lets face it, your payload is pretty hefty even with a diesel engine.
2000 F350 Lariat LE V10 CC LB 4WD DRW
2005 Eagle Cap 850 Camper
1993 Robalo 2440 twin '07 Merc Optimax 150's
1978 Glasply 28' with twin 310hp V8's

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
I would start off with Tork Lift frame mounted tie downs with Fastguns, Stable Loads. That is all I would start with and see how your truck handle the load. If the camper is going to be longer than your truck bed and you want to tow your boat I would also go with a Tork Lift Super Hitch. Make this decision before you buy your rear tie downs. If you go with the Super Hitch then the rear tie downs are different than ones without the Super Hitch.

I would hold off on the air bags till you see if you need them.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View