cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cover for flooring in camper

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
We track in mud, dirt and water from being outside into our camper. The camper has laminate woodgrain and rugs that snap in for cleaning. We want to keep our camper from looking like a pigsty. Does anyone have any ideas? The plastic people use in tubs might cause mildew and other rugs get dirty too. I was thinking sisal but dirt will get through as will water. My best idea has been the plastic for tubs and then have a rug next to the door to wipe our feet. Also, my husband is sloppy with his coffee and we have a dog. The length is 86" and has varying widths, the narrowest being 19.25". Thanks and happy trails.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog
17 REPLIES 17

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
I have a small litter box with water in it. (It also acts as a storage box for my hose and cable TV cord.) Before you enter the camper all you need to do is dip your feet/shoes. I also have a small rug to catch the water.

We don't get mud but alot of sand..
Pete
2012 RAM 3500 Mega DRW. Stable Loads and Torklift tiedowns.
2006 Lance 881 Max.

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
I use one of those vinyl grass mats at the doorway inside. Does a good job of knocking dirt and grass off the shoes. If it's wet, I remove my shoes and leave 'em on the mat. You can rinse the grass and sand off the mat with a garden hose. However, pine needles can be a challenge sometimes. I usually have to pick several out by hand.
RVn Full-time

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
Good old vinyl flooring suits us best. Just needs a quick sweep once or twice a day depending on where we're at. And a wipe down every so often.

DH tracks in mud, our two dogs track in mud, but I don't, of course. :B

I also have a good mat just inside the door for wiping feet. DH's seat at the dinette is the one by the door so he can sit to eat without taking his boots off if he's muddy. Our dogs just jump in and up on the dinette bench or the bed, so I also have sheets covering those to protect them. Easy to shake the grit and dog fur off, and also to wash.

I have indoor outdoor mats in the fifth wheel which can be tossed outside, swept off & shook out, and then returned inside after the floor has been swept.
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!