cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New record !

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new record for the shortest living thread Ric, this ONE only lasted like 9 hours shattering Andy's 12 hour record :B
I might mention Ric also hold the highest non sticky post count that I know of, thanks to Ben, Larry and ninebikers :R
Interesting part is, well it's the same subject.
Just me but I would have given it a little more lead before the dreaded closed sign came out :W
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin
91 REPLIES 91

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
45Ricochet wrote:

Just me but getting a lemon Open Range 5er I certainly wouldn't have a logo for it my signature :E
Corvette pic was much better :B

Sorry...But did I say it was my current Open Range? I don't think so.

I am done with this thread. Actually done with it before this posting. Hope that helps the Mod's head ache. But I just need to correct the above, to avoid mis-communication. This thread is loaded with too much of that already.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
45Ricochet wrote:
Sorry Marty,
But I just had to correct erroneous information which was suggested. The following quote
" For the foregoing reasons, Defendant Chrysler Group LLCโ€™s motion to dismiss Plaintiffsโ€™
second amended complaint is hereby DENIED, without prejudice as to the issues relevant to the
courtโ€™s determination of whether Plaintiffs Easterly and Fisher have standing in the context of
class certification to invoke the consumer protection statutes against Defendant in states other
than Missouri. (ECF No. 53.)
IT IS SO ORDERED. "
That doesn't prove guilt, only that the suits at Chrysler where denied dismissal of suit ( only in Missouri non the less) . Typical suit stuff and BYW that artical is also older than a year old. Maybe bring up some current stuff or your nick name might become " Old NewsW "
Nice try though!

Rick,
There's nothing erroneous about this... This issue is still ongoing. There's a firm here in Houston working this issue hot a heavy.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
45Ricochet wrote:
Sorry Marty,
But I just had to correct erroneous information which was suggested. The following quote
" For the foregoing reasons, Defendant Chrysler Group LLCโ€™s motion to dismiss Plaintiffsโ€™
second amended complaint is hereby DENIED, without prejudice as to the issues relevant to the
courtโ€™s determination of whether Plaintiffs Easterly and Fisher have standing in the context of
class certification to invoke the consumer protection statutes against Defendant in states other
IT IS SO ORDERED. "
That doesn't prove guilt, only that the suits at Chrysler where denied dismissal of suit ( only in Missouri non the less) . Typical suit stuff and BYW that artical is also older than a year old. Maybe bring up some current stuff or your nick name might become " Old NewsW "
Nice try though!

He is good at using examples of blown head gaskets with deletes and tuners.

The 6.7 Cummins is a very dependable engine and the 07-09 issues have been resolved.

6.7 cummins are the most popular with deletes and it's for a reason.

This guy after he performs his deletes will be faced with a possible head gasket failure.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
45Ricochet wrote:
Sorry Marty,
IT IS SO ORDERED. "
Nice try though!

He is good at using examples of blown head gaskets with deletes and tuners.

The 6.7 Cummins is a very dependable engine and the 07-09 issues have been resolved.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry Marty,
IT IS SO ORDERED. "
Nice try though!
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
45Ricochet wrote:

Here's a 2.5 minute clip Here

Soooo does she have any updates in the last 18 months :H
Pending means possible lawsuit, nothing more.
Okay I'll give you some help Marty :B as I don't want the dreaded ax to fall :E

So your dismissing there's no issues with the Cummins 6.7 engines because of pending issues:

Link 1

Link 2

Chrysler sounds like a real stand up company... :R

Edit... Double post

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
45Ricochet wrote:

So your dismissing there's no issues with the Cummins 6.7 engines because of pending issues:

Link 1

Link 2

Chrysler sounds like a real stand up company... :R

The sad part every time the check engine light came on the owners felt a little lighter in the rear pocket... I know my BIL dumped his 09 after ~ 9 months of ownership when he was getting stuck with some of the repair bills which he was being told he was idling the truck too much causing the soot build up and clogging the turbo/dpf. He dumped that POS and purchased a 5.9 powered truck.

blt2ski
Some of you hae hit some of the headache on the head! A few yrs ago when I first joined the forum, ie about 201, there were maybe at best 6000 reg members....the gm 6.5td was the motor to avoid per say.....then the 6.0 problems started, then 6.4, now the HPFP threads.........

ALso why I have the diesel vs gas sticky, keeps that issue sorta kinda at bay, as it gives me an excuse to say read that, nothing new in the G vs D arena overall since I started it, other than fuel prices. Both have plus and minus's.

Same with the GM vs Ford vs Dodge vs _______, or tire brands or manual vs auto....

SHall I name a few more constant question issues, some are good, some are bad......

Time to go move teh boat from one marina to another, then tomorrow decorate it up like a Hawaian Luau, do a parade saturday for seattles opening boating day celebration........

Maybe I will not have a headache by the end of the day saturday......yeah right! HIC!:B:B

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Again, glad that someone is telling 'us' about the issue....whereas someone with
a $70K POS does not, fixed himself, but that is not what I'm talking about

Sure for someone who has the ability, facilities, time and $$$$ to DIY, but the
vast majority does NOT and will suffer from not knowing or having the information
available if they search for it

There are folks who believe in all the marketing verbiage and will spend tens
of thousands of $$$$'s

Take one of my sister's BF's. Lawyer and masters in lit. Dumb @ss is being kind

Windshield flyer $79 out the door, 4 wheel brake job. Told that fool that I could
NOT buy just the parts for that

Turned out they put the calipers in upside down (left on right, right on left)
of their Turbo Volvo and nearly killed my nephew when he drove it

He took them to small claims, where they paid but did NOT admit to any wrong doing

Wonder how many folks have their vehicle brakes screwed by that shop and don't
know it...that is what I'm talking about
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer

2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pretty sure Marty was referring to the headache of moderating these hpfp failure threads. I may be wrong
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
blt2ski wrote:
THis blinken headache is STILL not going away!!!!!!!!!

can someone help me get rid of this here headache! PLEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

Perhaps I can (at least try) to assist.

As I mentioned earlier in this posting, we are an extremely small fraction of diesel truck owners.

And, being such a small group, and mostly avid followers of this tow vehicle forum, we've all read and know of the various postings regarding almost any of the diesel engines and their strengths/weaknesses.

So it honestly does no good to kick a guy when he's down, beat a dead horse, or whatever euphemism one wants to use in this case to indicate a subject already well reported and covered.

LOL, preaching to the choir also comes to mind.

Mind you, I know I also posted earlier. I do think that many here were not aware of the second failure experienced by the Canadian user I made reference to. So, at least in my mind, that was new information for many.

But perhaps we should let this one rest, as we ARE the informed group. I am actually more concerned about the folks outside this forum, or other diesel interest internet sites, who know absolutely nothing about our referenced Bosch HPFP, and through such ignorance, will most likely become the next victims, through lacking of a better word.

And for those, we, the already informed, can do very little. Except aggravate ourselves, and that is really not needed.

So perhaps we should all sit back, take a breath, and promise to reference this subject ONLY in the event that some new, previously unreported information on this phenomena becomes available.

Not a new happening, about another vehicle bites the dust. But new information regarding the root cause for this pump to go bad, or new action taken by either manufacturers or NHTSA to rectify this problem.

With those thoughts in mind, I do believe the aggravation factor would be lowered immensely and our moderators could put away the pain killers.

OK, I tried. :B
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
blt2ski wrote:
THis blinken headache is STILL not going away!!!!!!!!!

can someone help me get rid of this here headache! PLEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

you called....

tugCE wrote:

I for one am glad that Ricatic keeps talking about this as even though the chances of having it happen is low, ......

sometimes I get tired of reading posts on this forum because of all of the Keyboard Cowboys that think that their opinion is the only opinion and will never back off.

oh the irony

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
I for one am glad that Ricatic keeps talking about this as even though the chances of having it happen is low, I would flip out is my "New" Truck had a repair bill that high that I had to pay out of pocket.

Everything that is built can fail and I do not care who builds it. All of this bickering is nuts. If someone does not agree with what is posted just state your mind and move on with life.

In all my years of driving I have owned some great Cars and Trucks but I have also owned some real P.O.S.'s, and I have owned cars / trucks from all of the Big 3.

Sometimes I get tired of reading posts on this forum because of all of the Keyboard Cowboys that think that their opinion is the only opinion and will never back off. It makes me wonder how we get any new members to come here and stay after one or two posts after getting jumped on by a "Senior" Member (as if that title means a darn thing).

So, I hope that Ricatic keeps posting if for no other reason than it drives some members nuts just to see his name.
I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona