cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford 6.0 Scan Gauge II Question

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I need to know if I can monitor my fuel pressure with my Scan Gauge II. The one gauge I programmed in is for Injection Control Pressure, my reading are from 883 PSI at idle and up.:hI've read fuel pressure should be between 45-65 PSI. I'm assuming I am looking at the wrong gauge as I would blow something up with 883PSI of fuel pressure. Looking at their website this is the closest gauge I can find. If this gauge is correcet what is the proper PSI. As always, thanks for all of your great help. Travel on.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian
8 REPLIES 8

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
edm3rd wrote:
Have had ScanGauge for 3 years. You really need to measure and adjust speed/distance - I did mine by a 100 mile interstate mile marker comparison, and possibly redo every 15-20K miles to adjust for tire wear. I have found it's fuel measurement extremely accurate (comparing what the gauge measures as used to what it takes to fill up, which is usually a one-time adjustment setting).

I had to adust the speed in my Titan, in My Ford F250 the speed on the Scan Gauge is right on. I used a GPS speed app on my Iphone and also on my Garmin to vefify the speed. FYI...the Ford Speedometer is reading 2 MPH higher the actual.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

edm3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Have had ScanGauge for 3 years. You really need to measure and adjust speed/distance - I did mine by a 100 mile interstate mile marker comparison, and possibly redo every 15-20K miles to adjust for tire wear. I have found it's fuel measurement extremely accurate (comparing what the gauge measures as used to what it takes to fill up, which is usually a one-time adjustment setting).

Bedlam
The ScanGuage II can only display data coming across the OBD port. If you want additional parameters like EGT or fuel pressure, you will need to add more senders and gauges.

The SG II did take some time to program with vehicle specific parameters, but once stored does not need to be done again. I would prefer a cycling mode to watch more than four parameters without interaction and graphic color gauges are quicker to read than numbers, but this gauge does everything I need for a reasonable price and can easily be moved between vehicles (enough memory to store my VW and Ford parameter information at the same time).

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
As JR said it does work fine. It only takes a few minutes to program and for the price I don't think it can be beat. I have mine set for EOT, ECT, Trans and FICM but can easily switch to others. Travel on
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
The ScangaugeII works well but takes time to setup where the Edge Insight is plug and play up and running in about 2min. On my 06 Ford with the Edge Insight CTS I run EOT-ECT-TFT-FICM-EGT-ICPpsi-ICPv-VGT%-all at on time-Boost in the dash-Fuel on the column-Volts off a power port.
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C

rowekmr
Explorer
Explorer
I am in need of a monitor for my truck also. How do you like the Scan Gauge II? Do you recommend it? What others did you consider?
10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
07 Lincoln Navigator
00 Newmar Dutch Star 3851

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
Number 57 fuel pressure test port need adapter hose and fuel pressure gauge
http://dan.prxy.org/Truck/6L_bible_html/html/Page_030.html
This works well
http://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-2671-driven-diesel-60l-fuel-pressure-adapter.aspx
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C

benalbert
Explorer
Explorer
The ICP is the hydraulic pressure used to fire the injector. There is no readout for fuel pressure. There isn't a pressure sending unit built into the system. A gauge with a screw in transducer (or mechanical) is needed to read fuel pressure. Oil pressure is basically the same, the system is only reading yes/no.
08 F350 CCLB SRW 6.8
00 KZ Sportsmen 951