cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Darker colored trailers.

Mkos1980
Explorer
Explorer
Does anybody regret getting a darker colored trailer inside and out? Seems many of them out there are dark grays light and dark brown with chocolate interiors and so forth. We're currently in the market for a new one but don't want to get sick of the colors right away.
2016 Palomino Puma 30RKSS
1990 Chaparral 2150SX 350 MAG
2006 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0
1989 Pontiac Formula 350 "LSX" 6.0 LS2
2008 Harley Dyna Low Rider
19 REPLIES 19

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I peeked inside my neighbor's Lance one day and it was dark, too dark. He does have two doors, though.

Here's my bad news: I got to pick my colors, anything I wanted. The exterior is a tan body color. That is a winner. The interior is all finished Luan board. The counter tops and shelves are White Pine. Cushions are all a light tan. It is a wee bit dark inside. I may get busy with some paint inside some day. For now, the bunkhouse look works.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
We like light colors mostly beige and light browns. Even with window which are usually tinted and a skylight I find them darker than I like, especially at night.

I would not want white but dark colors are definitely out.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
RVs with darker tones inside and outside feel warm and inviting to me. We keep buying them. As long as the windows are large and let in some light. But busy fabrics, gaudy valances, wallpaper, black ceiling fixtures and crazy exterior graphics are just too much. It's a little hard to find a perfect balance.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
gmw photos wrote:
CavemanCharlie wrote:
I prefer darker colors. White is so hard to keep clean and shows every little fingerprint and dirt spot.

When I think bright white I think of sanatoriums , hospitals, low income apartments, mental hospitals, senior centers , and just about everything else depressing.

....hey Caveman.....you described ME ๐Ÿ™‚ .... a low income, mental idiot that belongs in a santorium ! No wonder I love my white trailer ! :B

I'm glad you are laughing. I meant no offense. Just my opinion. I was also talking about interior colors. Dark on the outside is different. That would be hot and hard to keep clean. I just like my interior colors to be a little darker.

For example, I think Oliver TT's look really well built. But, I don't think I could stand being in a TT that is that bright white inside. I know some people love them . It's just not my style is all.

After all, the walls of my cave are not that white. ๐Ÿ™‚

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
3oaks wrote:
Our 2006 Sunline TT had a light Maple interior which we loved. Made the whole interior bright and cheery and appear larger than it really was. ๐Ÿ™‚

Our '83 Sunline had a dark interior compared to our current TT, and like the above reply, lighter colors (not white in our case) make the interior appear more spacious. This is especially true since our TT does not have any slides. IIRCC at the time, Coachmen offered three different interior decors with a choice of a muted blue, a light green or beige/brown as accent colors. I've not seen blue or green in any interiors in years.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well....I like my white trailer! But, if Winnebago had offered the champagne exterior back in 2013, we would have considered that color rather than the white. Our interior is the typical dark wood that was the market standard at the time. We would have preferred a lighter interior, but I'm not so sure about the current color scheme Winnebago is using as I've only seen pics and videos online. Although it's gone out of fashion, the light oak cabinets that used to be the norm were very good for travel trailers and smaller spaces.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
:: laughing ::
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
I prefer darker colors. White is so hard to keep clean and shows every little fingerprint and dirt spot.

When I think bright white I think of sanatoriums , hospitals, low income apartments, mental hospitals, senior centers , and just about everything else depressing.

....hey Caveman.....you described ME ๐Ÿ™‚ .... a low income, mental idiot that belongs in a santorium ! No wonder I love my white trailer ! :B

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not crazy about the dark interior's, I remember Mediterranean furniture from the 60's. I guess what's old is new again.

After owning several dark color cars they were always hotter of a summer and harder to keep clean. That said I like the looks of the darker RV'S.

I would get what you like best for your taste. If we all liked the same thing the world would be a boring place.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
gmw photos wrote:
I have a really small trailer ( 19' with just one slideout ) and one reason I liked it compared to others is the off-white interior. The "wallpaper" is very light tan color, as it the upholstery and all the "woodwork" is cream/off-white. Light colored ( light oak color ) flooring. It makes the inside of the trailer seem larger than it is, even when closed up for the evening with just interior lights for illumination.
Outside is white, which I like because I camp a lot in warm sunny weather.

Gmw photos, I thought you might be describing a FunFinder. I checked your profile and, sure enough, you have a FunFinder. We also have one and are very happy with the interior. The white interior always seem brighter and more spacious. I've made quite a few interior modifications, and matching the color with paint was much easier than it would have been had the I interior been stained wood. We haven't found the light co!or difficult to maintain at all.

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
When we got our new trailer, we thought that the interior seemed a bit dark and opted for the lighter option. I hadn't seen the trailer outfitted with the lighter color, so I did some research. Once I did, I called back and had them switch back to the darker color. The 'Dune' color was bad looking on the leather and the pattern on the trim was terrible. We went back to the dark color and we're VERY happy with our trailer. The outside is a tan color with a black cap and it's beautiful. It has the thermal package and upgraded 15k AC, so we don't notice any difference with the sun causing it to be warmer from not being white all over.
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
I have a really small trailer ( 19' with just one slideout ) and one reason I liked it compared to others is the off-white interior. The "wallpaper" is very light tan color, as it the upholstery and all the "woodwork" is cream/off-white. Light colored ( light oak color ) flooring. It makes the inside of the trailer seem larger than it is, even when closed up for the evening with just interior lights for illumination.
Outside is white, which I like because I camp a lot in warm sunny weather.

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
My TT has a dark brown "wallpaper" at the front. The head of our bed is on the side, so this would appear at the right side of the bed (my side) on the inside front wall.

I saw the same tt with a different upholstery option and in that one, it was the same light tan in the rest of the trailer.

My first reaction was "Darn!" even though I like our upholstery pattern much better. But on reflection, at night it does not matter anyway, and if we are inside during the day we are probably napping. So, I equate the dark brown front wall with blackout curtains. And, I put party lights under that front cabinet so it is a nice cheery bedroom section.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi