cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day tank

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
It is on sale at Costco, but I bet it will be available in other places as well.
I've been using "solar water heaters" who in 1 gallon size were great addition to RV when used without hook ups.
Filled up with lake water, or some campgrounds had water spigots not only extend the stay, but are also convenience when you spend the evening at campfire.
This tank brings the idea to whole new dimension.
Big, but still easy to carry and can be pressurized with hand pump, so no over head hanging.
Click on video that shows multiple uses.
DAY TANK
30 REPLIES 30

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kayteg1 wrote:
We have variety of TC use and if you are one of those who bought it for big screen and recliner, disregard this topic.
The tank will be great addition for those who spend time at campfire.

I don't think big screens and recliners have anything to do with it. Some of the best fires I see are next to big RVs. 🙂

Can you explain why we need solar powered water at the fire again? I use water to put out fires, but any water will do. I have a water heater in the TC if I want to use a tiny bit to wash off.

I'm not sure what 3.8 gallons of solar water will do for me.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
bitster98 wrote:
I just don't get this post.

We have variety of TC use and if you are one of those who bought it for big screen and recliner, disregard this topic.
The tank will be great addition for those who spend time at campfire.

bitster98
Explorer
Explorer
I just don't get this post.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
somebody is concerned with water supply adequacy and is considering washing their camper????????
bumpy

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Even when I had 100 gallons tanks in my conversion, I liked solar tanks to wash my hands at fire-pit, or wash the dust from my feet.
Now the TC tanks last us for 2 days when we shower, so extra tank that I can fill anywhere and don't need gray water tank is good option.
Obviously so is taking midnight dive in the lake or river, but not too many campgrounds have spots close to the water and walking 1/4 mile at midnight is not something my DW will do.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not getting it. You don't like using your water heater?

You still need water.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure what the use is. Campgrounds with spigots can fill the rv tank through a filter. Then use outside shower after water is heated if filling grey tank is an issue.

I am not looking to bathe in lake water past just going into the lake to bathe if thats the last possibility to clean up

Also not sure sure what the campfire convenience aspect is. Maybe the video that wouldn't load for me explains.

We can go about 10 days without filling or dumping. So far that has worked well. I have considered buying a cheap hudson sprayer to help wash the camper. That could also work well for filling and leaving in the sun for a later day shower.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
problem I've had with my translucent tank is algae growth. One time I forgot to add bleach after filling, and within a few days, algae had grown and now I've got a mess to clean up when spring arrives.

when the warmth returns, I plan to glue mylar sheeting (Space Blankets) over the tank, to keep the Sun out.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
mellow wrote:
Buy a 35 gallon tank from tractor supply and throw it up on the TC roof and let gravity do its job, works for me.

I saw a couple of tCs at the Lance dealer where they had mounted the translucent plastic tanks on the roof and ran pvc pipe down to the lower level. could fill tank by crawling up with a hose or back fill from buckets/etc. and a 12 volt bilge pump.
bumpy

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
mellow wrote:
Buy a 35 gallon tank from tractor supply and throw it up on the TC roof and let gravity do its job, works for me.

I have bladder Plastimo tank that I took off my conversion when I was selling - having such setup in mind.
However there is several issues with it:
-will TC roof support the weight?
-how to haul water from the lake up on the roof?
-the gravity pressure is not that high
- how to use that water at campfire.
Seem the forum script fooled the link, but right click "open in new tab" did it for me.
If not - google WaterPORT™ Day Tank™

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
Did not see that many reviews Costco, Sportsmans Warehouse , Etc.Etc.
Looks cool but gonna wait awhile. JM2¢ ~~ YMMV

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
That's a lot more compact than the 70 gallon multi-day tank I have in the bed of my pickup.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
n0m4d wrote:
I had issues with the link too, but then I right-clicked and selected "Open in a new tab" and it worked.

worked for me
bumpy

n0m4d
Explorer
Explorer
I had issues with the link too, but then I right-clicked and selected "Open in a new tab" and it worked.