cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do you know what this is?

rwbradley
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any idea what this could be? There are 2 of them in my trailer. Both are mounted on the roof near the tent ends of the trailer. The inside looks like a 1/4" headphone jack. The dealer I bought the trailer from does not normally sell that brand so they were not sure. They speculated that it was a DC power jack for plugging in a fan or light that hangs inside the tent ends.
Any thoughts or ideas?
Thanks
Rob
rvtechwithrvrob.com
17 REPLIES 17

FerrisFamilyof5
Explorer
Explorer
i have a 2013 Kodiak and it did not come with the lights for fan/light combo. Bought it brand new from CRAmPing World. Good thing i bought them for my old used Kodiak, so we just transferred them with all our other stuff.
Nights camped in 2016 - 31
2015 Forest River Vibe
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71
me daHusband :C
daWife :?
daSon :B
daBaby boy ๐Ÿ˜› (ok so he's 13...still daBaby)
daDog

sausageking
Explorer
Explorer
When we had our Hybrid, a Shamrock 232 I ordered a replacement fan light combination from etrailer.com.

Chuck_S
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully these are NOT mounted on the roof. They belong on the ceiling. ๐Ÿ™‚

-- Chuck
'06 Roo 23SS behind '17 Expedition out of Richmond
Our Photo pages

rwbradley
Explorer
Explorer
Yes used (2 years old) from a dealer who does not sell Hybrid or Pop up's (they are an Airstream dealer). I am assuming that is why the guy who did the demo did not really know about it, probably never used a HTT or PUP.
Rob
rvtechwithrvrob.com

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
as was said, they are the plugin outlet for the fan/light combo that hangs from the tent shepherd's hook.

they can be found for sale on the Internet but i think the best prices can be found on Ebay.

you must have bought a used hybrid, since they have been a standard item on all new hybrids.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

minn_camping_fa
Explorer
Explorer
It's kind of scary that your dealer did not know what those were!

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
You should be able to find them on both Amazon and ebay, as well as other RV supplier. Just do a search for bunkend fan/light and IIRC they're usually about $25 ea.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Right on the money

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
segen77 wrote:
DC power jack for plugging in a fan or light that hangs inside the tent ends.

That's it.

YEP, that's what it is alright. I am surprised more didn't know the answer to this one.

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on your model rv, a couple of the fan/light units may have been included with it when new. Our first camper, a Starcraft, was used and didn't have any, so we picked up a couple on ebay for about $15 a piece.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

segen77
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a combo option sold on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Fasteners-Unlimited-001-103-Command-Light/dp/B0021W3QVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405312979&sr=8-1&keywords=bunk+end+fan
Aaron Kennedy

Hawk7
Explorer
Explorer
Do a google search for bunk end fan light. They can be ordered online or from a local dealer.
2015 Skyline Dart 214BH Traded in for 2016.5 Skyline Javelin 285rb
2011 Ford F150 Lariat Ecoboost Super Crew

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oops, blew that one. Try this: DC light
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's a link to a DC fan/light: DC Light Fan
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)