cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Does my 2014 ford f250 need an isolator?

Michael_J_
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 F250. I can connect up the power harness from the hitch plug to the truck bed. I do not know if I need to add an isolator or not. I have the tow package. I do not have the camper package. I have a 1999 NorthStar 8foot hard sided camper. Thanks for any help.
6 REPLIES 6

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
Ford goes either way, if the parts aren't installed, there's usually a bag in the glove box with relays and stuff... Sometimes the dealer installs them, sometimes not... Our work trucks always have a plastic bag with relays and fuses in the glovebox....
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
K Charles wrote:
You need to install the fuse and the relay under the hood. The relay shuts off the power to the 7pin when you turn the key off.

Your thinking of GM products. The rest are all put together from the factory.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
K Charles wrote:
You need to install the fuse and the relay under the hood. The relay shuts off the power to the 7pin when you turn the key off.

Actually the relay provides charging to the camper battery while the key is on, but only while the key is on.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

skyhammer
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:

No you don't, ScottG is right.
2011 Host Everest, 11.5',triple slide.
2011 F-350,DRW,CC,LWB,4X4,6.7

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I think you already have one. If you check the 7 pin connector I think you'll find there's no 12V present when the key is off.