cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Double axle wheels not flush

jamesp
Explorer
Explorer
The wheels on the left and right side of my Evo travel trailer or not flush. There is at least a 2 inch difference from the wall of the front wheel and the wall of the rear wheel on the left and right side. Is this normal? I purchased my TT 3 days ago.
9 REPLIES 9

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
I think on most forums it usually takes several days to get a single response to a question. Of course on here it usually only takes a few minutes to get several responses and new folks don't expect that. ๐Ÿ™‚
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hello.........

Join, ask one question, get answers/suggestions/questions and no response back.

Come on that's not showing any manners
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our dealer warned us the wheels will sit at odd angles when turning etc. But as mention when pulled straight they are aligned.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
As Old Biscuit said, it may be just fine if you parked the trailer by putting it in a twist from a turn just prior to parking. If you have pulled it straight forward for 10 or so feet and still have the condition you may have a problem. A picture would be nice if you can post one.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with Old Biscuit that you need a shop that deals with truck frames and axles; they have the ability to check the tire's camber (degree of tilt) and correct it if necessary.

Such a shops may not be listed under any of the obvious key words, "frame", "axle", "trailer". In my area the only such shop is listed under "truck repair and service". My RV dealer referred me to them when the fifth-wheel had uneven tire wear.

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
jamesp wrote:
The wheels on the left and right side of my Evo travel trailer or not flush. There is at least a 2 inch difference from the wall of the front wheel and the wall of the rear wheel on the left and right side. Is this normal? I purchased my TT 3 days ago.

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are saying. Are you saying that the rear axle is "wider" than the front? As in it has a wider track?

or is this just an individual wheel issue. After reading your post carefully I am not sure.

Can you elaborate?

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chuck_thehammer wrote:
if used.. do as Mr. Old-Biscuit said..

New.. return to dealer and have them prove correct or NOT.

And make sure you have a written record of the service call at the dealership (if new) so you can prove that you have reported a possible defect if you need to at a future date.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
if used.. do as Mr. Old-Biscuit said..

New.. return to dealer and have them prove correct or NOT.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you looking at this caddywhompus 'out of plumb' condition just after parking trailer and having to maneuver it/tight backing etc.

OR looking at this condition after trailer has been pulled straight forward for several feet.

Tight turning/maneuvering with double axle trailer WILL cause front/rear tires to be off set.

Now if offset is there after trailer has been towed straight line......then you need to locate a trailer shop/big rig shop (not some RV Repair or CW) that can do trailer alignments and re-arch axle tube if necessary.
Otherwise you will have to be dealing with blow outs/worn tires/lousy tracking while towing trailer.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31