Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Duramax class action suit

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
Duramax class action suit

"General Motors Co. has been hit with a class-action lawsuit alleging it equipped 2011-2016 GMC and Chevrolet diesel trucks with 6.6-liter Duramax engines that are not compatible with American diesel fuel."

What surprises me is that I had associated this issue with the Powerstroke more than the Duramax. The base issue seems to be common knowledge here.
31 REPLIES 31

Etstorm
Explorer
Explorer
Etstorm wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Exploding saddle gas tanks on GM pickups lawsuit. I received a $500 COOPIN to buy any GM vehicle. Funny part was my truck was a Diesel. I did use the COOPIN to help my daughter buy a car. Also used my racked up points on my GM card at that time.

WTH is a COOPIN?

Ron White did a routine about the Minnesota fair, they stood in line to get โ€œcoopinsโ€ for the rides and treats.

Etstorm
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Exploding saddle gas tanks on GM pickups lawsuit. I received a $500 COOPIN to buy any GM vehicle. Funny part was my truck was a Diesel. I did use the COOPIN to help my daughter buy a car. Also used my racked up points on my GM card at that time.

WTH is a COOPIN?

Ron White did a fountained about the Minnesota fair, they stood in line to get โ€œcoopingโ€ for the rides and treats.

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
I read about this lubrication issue years ago. No doubt you will see Ford customers and likely VW file one as well.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
wnjj wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
What I find interesting about this is that GM went above and beyond the other manaufacturer in honoring warranty claims on this. I have never read of anyone that I felt got a raw deal from GM on this. We even had a member here that got signifignant help from GM after the 100K mark.

So I wonder why GM is the one getting sued. Why not Ford?
I imagine Ford's turn in the fish barrel is coming as well.

Probably because the judge said, "Ford diesels? I thought we already settled that one. We've talked about it for years. Case dismissed."

They're probably trying to get some of their Bail Out money back.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Huntindog wrote:
What I find interesting about this is that GM went above and beyond the other manaufacturer in honoring warranty claims on this. I have never read of anyone that I felt got a raw deal from GM on this. We even had a member here that got signifignant help from GM after the 100K mark.

Perhaps GM knew they should have implemented a lift pump. We now know that air in fuel system is not good for the CP4 pumps. When you change the fuel filter on a GM truck, guess what you got going into the CP4 pump?
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

WTH is a COOPIN?

Ever watched Ron White the Comedian?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
colliehauler wrote:
Huntindog wrote:

Probably because the judge said, "Ford diesels? I thought we already settled that one. We've talked about it for years. Case dismissed."

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Huntindog wrote:

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
97chevor wrote:
The FEDs Mandated the lubricant to be removed from the fuel.

Then Mandated an emmisson system so if you do add lubricants back in it will cause problems to that.

Meanwhile the the truck now burns more fuel to clean the emmisions and they claim the truck emmits less harmful gases.

The truck now is running exhaust at temps above 1200 degrees and they claim man made climate change.

The way I look at it all problems are produced from one source.

GM collected the money. They made the sale, they should suffer the consequences. If it is in fact impossible to meet the parameters say so, but don't put out a faulty/fraudulent product and then blame it on the EPA.
I guess it's the government's fault that VW fudged there numbers as well?
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

97chevor
Explorer
Explorer
The FEDs Mandated the lubricant to be removed from the fuel.

Then Mandated an emmisson system so if you do add lubricants back in it will cause problems to that.

Meanwhile the the truck now burns more fuel to clean the emmisions and they claim the truck emmits less harmful gases.

The truck now is running exhaust at temps above 1200 degrees and they claim man made climate change.

The way I look at it all problems are produced from one source.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
97chevor wrote:
Why blame GM? This is an issue the Federal government created.

THe $12K repair bill is going to GM not uncle sam. If GM could not comply they should have said so . Building a faulty/flawed fuel system is not the answer.

97chevor
Explorer
Explorer
Why blame GM? This is an issue the Federal government created.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
rhagfo wrote:
The big winner will be the Lawyers, owners will get maybe $500.

THe real winners are the future buyers. Without the cost factor of class actions the manufacturers would never clean up their act.
Yes the lawyers get the majority of the $$$ but GM will hopefully think twice before putting out a questionable design in the future.
The class action system is not perfect, but it keeps the big coprations accountable for poor designs.
There is some sort of fraud involved when you $60K truck requires a $12K repair because the warranty is expired or been denied... Especially when you find out many other consumers are stuck with the same problem.
If you ever get caught on the other end of that $12K bill you will want someone to be held accountable.