cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical problem

hayesb2
Explorer
Explorer
I just discovered today my 09 Tickets Rockwood is having electrical problems.

It's hooked up to 30amp on my property, and I verified it's getting power.

The weird thing is the microwave works, and a single GFCI outlet above the kitchen sink works. Other than that nothing else works... Lights, slide outs, fridge, other outlets...nothing.

I tried resetting the breakers, that didn't fix it either. Fuses look fine.

What could it be?
Get Trailer Life and other popular magazines completely for FREE from www.MagShark.com
http://www.magshark.com
9 REPLIES 9

Timtation
Explorer
Explorer
GFI=$$ regular=0.5$ run regular after GFI and save $$ JMO

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had the ground fault in the bathroom pop and it opened several other circuits around the TT. Why it is wired that way is known only to the manufacturer, it makes no sense to me.

I reset the receptacle and all was good.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Check the battery voltage.

hayesb2 wrote:

What could it be?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a meter?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
30A or 50A rig? Check for 120V on one or both hot wires to the panel. 50/30 adapters can fail and cause your AC problem.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
hayesb2 wrote:
Lights, slide outs, fridge, other outlets...nothing.
This indicates both AC and DC problems. If the battery is drained get it charged perhaps with a portable charger.

The outlet could be a GFCI. Otherwise a voltmeter can be used to track down the problem.

Once you get the AC fixed and the batteries are charged have them load tested since if they were discharged they were compromised and it's just a matter of how much.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
The other outlets not working could be another GFI somewhere else in that is tripped. Another thing to check is often times a breaker will trip but not really look tripped. I would unplug the shore power. Then flip each breaker off and press firmly in the off direction before turning it back on. A tripped breaker will feel spongy or springy in the off direction where the others will not.

As far as the 12 volt items (lights refrigerator, slide) my guess is the no power has caused the battery to drain. Either that or you possibly hooked the battery up backwards and it blew the reverse polarity fuses. Look for one or two fuses that are set apart from the other fuses a bit. Pull them out and swap them with two different fuses to temporarily test.

If you have a digital meter it would be helpful too.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
For the lights/slide out, that is 12 volt related. Fridge can be, as the controller board on newer ones are 12 volt powered.

As for other outlets, i assume you tested them all the same.

Without knowing your electrical system, it is hard for us to trace the issue. You're going to have to get in there with a meter, or get someone who knows what they are doing, to start tracing things out.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fuses "look fine". You cannot judge a fuse by looks alone. You need, no MUST have a cheap, simple digital volt meter to track down electrical gremlins. First off, is your problem 120 volt or 12 volt related? So far you have described the 120 volt sidemas working just fine. So in all likely hood your 12 volt side is dead. Start by checking voltage readings at your converter outpout. And work out from there. I would guess a dead battery, caused by either a dead converter or converter output fuse blown.