cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Entertainment center is too close to the foot of the bed

DougConnie4ever
Explorer
Explorer
We have 215 RBK Apex and my husband is 6'2" and i'm 5'4" and I can't stretch my legs out for comfortable sleep without hitting the entertainment center. Any ideas or solution to this problem is greatly appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

pbohart
Explorer
Explorer
This is very very common. I am 6'3'' and I cant fully stretch out.

Unfortunately the only solution is to sleep diagonally (which is what I do and the DW doesnt mind too much as she is tiny and sleeps curled up).

Or...buy a different trailer. Many have full queens vs. RV queens (which are the short ones).
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Diesel
2012 Jayco Eagle Super-Light 314BDS

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Every time he gets frisky he winds up changing the channel?

apr67
Explorer
Explorer
On our TT, the entertainment center is in the middle and has walk around access on both sides. The answer is simple, hang our feet off where the entertainment center isn't.

All of life is a compromise.
2017 Thor Hurricane 34J
Gone-2014 Chevy Express 3500
Gone-2016 Jayco White Hawk 32DSBH
Gone-2013 Keystone Bullet 294BHS
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you can get away without having to walk around the end of the bed, you could replace the plywood on the flip up storage lid with a piece a bit longer so it overhangs. Then get a new regular length memory foam mattress and cut it shorter to suit. We cut a regular 80" foam mattress to a short queen size and just use regular length sheets.

Personally I think those entertainment centers are a waste of valuable use-able space and a curtain on a track would be better. Sometimes the viewing angle of the TV is poor from them too, as in our friend's TT.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Trade it in for a different model. Or get you legs amputated:)

ZeeLet50
Explorer
Explorer
We too passed on trailers with that feature. I looked at it many times to see how bad it would be to move the wall. To many unknowns to make it feasible. I really wanted that wall as sort of a room divider but we chose the open layout. DW also commented how hard it would be to make the bed too. Most say to move up toward the head of the bed but most have a curved wall there too which makes it difficult to stay there. Good luck in your solution.
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS towed by a 2016 GMC 2500HD gas with Andersen hitch and B&W turnover ball mount.

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
We bailed on a few TTs that we liked for that very reason. It was nice to have the television that could swivel from front to back, but kicking the wall wasn't going to work.
2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ
2011 Ram 2500 CC LB CTD G56 3.42 Mineral Gray

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 27ft trailer and for the same reason as you mention we found one without that darn wall. It is a great idea if you are short. My hubby is 6'3" and couldn't fit on bed with that wall.

Another thing that tall people need to check first...showers, can you stand up in it. Also, toilets, when you sit down can you close the door without first removing your knee caps, LOL

We learned rather quickly as we searched for the right trailer to check these three things first.

rightyouareken
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear you're having issues. That design really baffles me and was a deal breaker for us on many trailers. To think they do this on an already shorter than normal mattress just takes the cake. Ours has a half wall about a foot and a half from the foot of the bed instead. Maybe rv makers think everyone is 5'5".
2012 Ford F150 FX4 5.0 3.73 SuperCrew Short Bed
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS, Equal-i-zer 1k hitch

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Don't buy that TT buy one that works better for you.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm 5'7', and I just slide up farther in the bed toward the front wall. I don't hit, unless I slide down.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers