cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eternabond Prep

woodhog
Explorer
Explorer
Would anyone know what is in the Eternabond cleaner spray, it is difficult to procure around here and I would like a substitute, this stuff works really well to clean the surface before applying the Tape...

Our roofing is TPO.

Spray Roof Cleaner
2004.5 Dodge 4x4 SRW Diesel, 245/70R19.5 Michelin XDS2, Bilstein Shocks
Torklift Stable loads, BD Steering Stabilizer Bar, Superchips "TOW" Programed,Rickson 19.5 wheels

2006 8.5 Northstar Arrow, 3 Batteries 200 Watts Solar,
12 Volt DC Fridge.
6 REPLIES 6

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dicor says about their Diflex II TPO roofing material that if there is "(E)xposer to acids, solvents, greases, oil, fats, chemicals or the like" no warranty coverage. So acetone is ok on TPO but not rubber?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
I also used acetone on the area for the eternabond. It dries and evaporates
quicker than mineral spirits.
Brian

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Regarding my Winnie's rubber roof, Winnebago says: "Do not use acetone or any products containing petroleum distillates on the surface" on page 11-2.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
According to the can I have in the garage, it contains heptane, acetone and co2. I bought the can when I bought the Eternabond, but there was a delay in the delivery, so I used acetone.

AV8_Tuna
Explorer
Explorer
I used acetone, cleaned up the roof and helped remove lap sealant residues. I have a EPDM roof and the acetone did not damage the roof.
2016 F-250 Lariat 6.7 Power-stroke
B&W Turnoverball/Companion Slider
2009 Holiday Rambler Alumascape Suite 32SKT

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The directions that came with mine said to use mineral spirits. It has held up fine using that.