cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

F350, 3500HD, or RAM 3500?

rangerbait
Explorer
Explorer
I realize this question is akin to asking blonde, brunette, or redhead, but figured I'd inquire as to whether there are general differences in the big 3 as far as their prowess as a TV. It will be 4x4 and diesel, or course. Thanks in advance!
2014 Heartland Trail Runner 35' TT + ProPride 3P
2012 F350 SRW Power Stroke Diesel FX4 Long Bed
Mom, Dad, and 4 Rugrats!
Monterey, Ca.
100 REPLIES 100

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Well I just sold my chev dually. It was nice to tow with. Gone to a Dodge 3500 SRW shortbox simply because I live in a complex now that does not allow duallies, plus that one was a chev LB7, and after 4 sets of injectors in 120K, I got sick of it. Loved everything else about the truck. I have wider than stock tires which should help with stability and I am putting Torklift stableloads on it which should also help a lot. Haven't had a chance to test it out as my trailer is in for repairs, but it's only a 25 footer

Oh yeah, most of my RVing is in Mexico, Tolls go by the axles, going SRW just lowered me down a rate class. That was another reason to go dodge, they do not import diesel pickups down there so it tough to get them worked on. Anyone can work on a Cummins. Surw will miss that Allison, though.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
45Ricochet wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

At least McDonalds uses American sourced beef and there's no surprises when eating their food, and prides themselves for striving to be error free when preparing your order.

We are what we eat, so enjoy!

However, one notable "ingredient" -- preservatives -- might be eliminated from the menu altogether. Mike Andres, president of McDonald's USA, sparked widespread speculation when he asked investors, "Why do we need to have preservatives in our food?" and then answered himself with a "We probably don't." Chicken fingers crossed.

Keep trying with the pro American campaign though. I bet the McDonalds in France sure don't like the All American Beef patty to go with their French Fries.

Bonne nuit maintenant :W

Your preaching to the choir... Maybe you should contact Hegbloom with your healthy recommendation.

BTW... I couldn't help you left out the bail out topic. Perhaps that's not important either.

As they say "see you on the flip side".

Best Regards,
A Proud American
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

At least McDonalds uses American sourced beef and there's no surprises when eating their food, and prides themselves for striving to be error free when preparing your order.

We are what we eat, so enjoy!

However, one notable "ingredient" -- preservatives -- might be eliminated from the menu altogether. Mike Andres, president of McDonald's USA, sparked widespread speculation when he asked investors, "Why do we need to have preservatives in our food?" and then answered himself with a "We probably don't." Chicken fingers crossed.

Keep trying with the pro American campaign though. I bet the McDonalds in France sure don't like the All American Beef patty to go with their French Fries.

Bonne nuit maintenant :W
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer
estesbubba wrote:
Pretty sure McDonald's burgers contain pink slime.

They are tasty in the right setting, just like White Castle, Crystal, Taco Bell, etc.

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

On the other hand your brand RAM AKA Wendy's is trying to copy the McDonalds model because everything they've done to date has failed, and the source of the beef is a mystery, your lucky if you get your order partially right....

On problem with the above model I would assume Wendy's is not foreign owned and didn't require a bail out. :W

LOL. But Chrysler got 2 bail outs in their history. And the 2 best things about them - Cummins and Aisin are not even made by said company! The 3rd thing, Hemi, is not even a true "Hemi" and was not even designed by them. Merely a marketing gimmick.

estesbubba
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty sure McDonald's burgers contain pink slime.
--Bubba

2008 Keystone Cougar 291RLS 5er
2015 Ram 3500 SRW Crew Cab with 6.7L Cummins

Our Website

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
45Ricochet wrote:
itguy08 wrote:
There's a reason Ford sells the most of them.

So does McDonald's, great burger's I would assume :W

On the other hand your brand RAM AKA Wendy's is trying to copy the McDonalds model because everything they've done to date has failed, and the source of the beef is a mystery, your lucky if you get your order partially right....

On problem with the above model I would assume Wendy's is not foreign owned and didn't require a bail out. :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
itguy08 wrote:

So does McDonald's, great burger's I would assume :W
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
We just got our 15 F350 6.7 4X4 CCDRW Platinum in Bronze Fire (no more white for us), we test drove the Ram and the Superduty loved them both until we took a long test drive and that's when the inferior ride quality and seat fit showed up in the Ram plus everytime I looked in the mirrors of the Ram it looked like Rosie Os backside, plus they really need to do something with those Moose Ears they call mirrors.
Towed our 38' Mobile Suites and the truck towed it like a dream.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
When I made my choice I looked at the drivetrain, decided that the Cummins has been around the longest, producing diesels for Dodge/Ram trucks with great results...easy decision for me.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Bedlam
In 2005 a red headed Ford stole my heart. In 2015 a chestnut Ram replaced it. Hmm, did I go from from driving a fire engine to a UPS truck?

Only you can decide what fits you from the current offerings. I'm glad there are plenty of choices and the manufactures are trying to one up each other - As buyers, we win regardless of choice.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
My experience:

- I liked the room in the F350...so I got that for the hauler
- I liked the sound of the diesel 2500 in GM ....so I got that for the daily driver (in Alaska)
- I like the power of the Power Wagon...so 1 of the cabin trucks is a 1960-ish power wagon.

Buy the one that fits your needs/preferences. In all seriousness, I liked the F350 enough that I bought the F550 (vs. Chev 5500) for a Plow Truck for the plowing business.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Chris, we average about 70 hours/year on our boat - in a climate that is conducive to water sports for maybe 4 months a year.

And if you think wakeboarding caused big wakes, you should see what this boat does surfing - 11 mph with 1400 pounds of ballast plus a wedge equivalent to another 1500 pounds. Yep, it can wreck the glass pretty quickly.

I only know two people that slalom ski anymore. Everyone else has evolved onto something else. Myself included. ๐Ÿ™‚

Come on out to the lake sometime. I would be happy to give you a pull!

Since we are already off Lake surf
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Fast_Mopar
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Made in the USA means something to me and is very important

Made in the USA is also very important to me. On that note, I was disappointed to learn that Ford recently announced a $2.5 billion investment in expanding their operations in Mexico, then a few days later Ford laid off 700 workers at a Detroit-area plant that makes the Focus. The recent recall of the Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ (door latch issues) is for 380,000 vehicles made at their plant in Mexico. Ford does a lot in Mexico. Yes, other automakers also have a lot of operations in Mexico as well, but the point is that Ford is just as global as the others.

Back to the OP, all 3 trucks are great. There is no wrong choice. Try them all and decide for yourself. You cannot make a bad decision.
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2009 Chevy Cobalt XFE
2004 Ford Freestar 4.2 liter
2003 Jayco Qwest 12A
ex: 1969 Dodge Super Bee, 1973 Plymouth Road Runner, 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX
preserve the Second Amendment