cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fantastic fan create-a-breeze

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
I want to upgrade our standard (basically useless) vent fan to a fan-tastic fan. dont really need the super deluxe with remote and rain sensor etc. the simple manual control works for us. Does the really basic model move the same amount of air as the bells and whistles fancy one? The create-a-breeze 3 speed manual is on sale at camping world, just want to make sure this is a worthwhile upgrade. anyone have this basic one?
2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
2016 Coachman Clipper 17BH
21 REPLIES 21

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Easy way to install the fan: cut the roofing all around the existing vent, remove screws and it comes right up. Put eternabond all around, sealing the cut area. Using the included closed cell gasket, install the fan and the cover brackets and Dicor the screw heads.
I really feel that all vents should have a matching cover.
I got the reversible model because others have used it to do leak tests. I haven't yet, but intend to when we get home from this trip.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
I got my Model 7350 (top of the line with remote and sensor) Fantastic Fan on Amazon for about the same price as Camping World had the basic Fantastic Fan.

One trick I use on Amazon is to add items to your wish list and just watch them. I've seen the Fantastic Fan 7350 go for as high as $275 and as low as $180 depending on the seller, stock level, etc...
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I got the vortex1 , it fit right into my vent without having to remove the vent, all work was done inside the TT., My vent was non-powered so I had to run wires about 18" to get power, it was an easy job and everything was included, The vortex1 is single speed and the vortex II is multi speed, but is cheaper than create a breeze. You can check on amazon for the price.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Always had a Max Air cover over all our Fantastic Fans and therefore never needed one with a rain sensor or remote. However, one new RV we purchased already had the rain sensor unit on it but have no idea if it really would close in rain or not because I immediately had a Max Air cover installed over it and always leave the fan's cover open except in cold weather as it continuously vents moist breath air and cooking moisture out naturally and usually don't even have to turn on the fan. The temp sensor on the Fantastic Fan automatically turns the fan on when the temp at the ceiling gets to the temp setting we select anyway.

Fantastic Fans and Create a Breeze Fans are absolutely a must for us no mater the RV size or truck camper size. We don't like A/C as it's noisy and spews cold air on ya whether you like it or not. YUCK!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Ugly04
Explorer
Explorer
We had the original Vortex in our old camper and had no issues with it for the 7 years that we had it. Matter of fact I'm sure the new owners are still using it also. Very good improvement over the factory fan for the price.

That being said the first thing I did with our new camper was install the Maxxair Maxxfan deluxe. It has the built-in cover, thermostat, reverse able, and 10 speeds. It's a little pricey but we keep our campers 8 to 10 years so I think it is worth it. Best upgrade I have done so far.
JD and Belinda
3 boys 3 girls
2017 Jayco 29QBS
2001 Excursion

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
We had a single speed fan in the bathroom and a fantastic fan in the main area. We replaced the bathroom fan with a vortex II. The vortex is definitely not as quiet and doesn't have as many speeds. Having said that the vortex was much less expensive and is a very easy retrofit since you just replace the guts not the hosing. The vortex has a Max Air cover and the fantastic fan has their cover, so we don't have to worry about rain.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would research the history on the Vortex, not too sure about how they hold up.
Two yrs ago, it wasn't the best record.
Whatever you choose, use the correct size and type of vent cover that enables enough exhausted air. Don't restrict your airflow with a conventional vent cover. Been there and ended up replacing the motor 2x.
One other point, always make you have a window cracked open when running this type of fan. Otherwise you labor the motor.
To test how well sealed your TT is, turn the fan on with all windows and doors closed tight, then open a door and listen to the difference in the sound of the motor.

jage
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
How is the Fantastic Fan installed? Do you have to take the stock vent out from the roof - meaning re-caulking the new one?

Basically remove everything, clean, and reinstall. I chose not to use the butyl tape install kit (sold separately) and instead used only black silkaflex-221 because I really wanted a single product sealing the whole thing instead of silkaflex-to-butyl-to-roof. The install I removed had glue, foam, tape, and two or three types of sealer, rust and required not only repainting but I had to rebuild some things- but that's all vehicle side. The fans themselves were practically identical (only the 3 front screw holes didn't line up (????)).

I found the silkaflex really easy to work with too, even though I originally bought it because I needed paintable black.

Really if there isn't damage to your roof the hardest part of replacing might be getting access to the roof.
Dents are from grocery carts, real body damage is from wheeling.

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just changed out the bathroom vent fan with a vortex rather than a fantastic fan. The reason I went this route was I have a roof vent cover installed and only needed a replacement vent fan add in the ease of installation, less than 20 minutes and no disturbing the roof. Also the vortex I found was $48, much cheaper than the fantastic.

I have a fantastic fan in my garage and it is nice and quiet, the vortex not so quiet but it definitely pulls a lot more air than the stock fan did.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
forgot to update, i did the switch a couple months back. I took the stock fan out and replaced it. So i had to peel all the caulk off, clean up the edges a bit, remove the old fan, some wiring, install, screws, eternabond tape and a little bit of dicor. i can post pictures later, but there are a number of tutorials and videos of the same process online.
2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
2016 Coachman Clipper 17BH

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
How is the Fantastic Fan installed? Do you have to take the stock vent out from the roof - meaning re-caulking the new one?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

jage
Explorer
Explorer
Just to chime in, I'm about to create a new post for assistance but I just replaced my fan-tastic fan with the rain sensor and they changed how it works- the old one reopens as soon as it's dry, so if there is a light sprinkle at 3am you wake up with the fan running in the morning.

The NEW way is as soon as it gets a drop it just closes forever. Just a word of warning because this was the best feature of the fan-tastic in my opinion and they ruined it.

The new models (gold flat motor) don't seem to push or pull as much air either. I'm really starting to regret giving my old model away despite the cracked case.
Dents are from grocery carts, real body damage is from wheeling.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Fantastic fans are really good, and they've had good customer service in the past also. The 3 speed model will do fine. Reversible direction was something I thought would be good, but never really used; sucking air out draws fresh air in wherever a window or door is open, and that's what I always wanted. The one thing that's nice IMO about more speeds than 3 is if it gives me an even lower (quieter) speed than the usual low, just because I'm noise-averse.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

MikeInOregon
Explorer
Explorer
We went with the remote control version of the fantastic fan. My wife could not reach the switch of the standard model in the ceiling of our trailer. We mounted the remote on the wall beside the thermostat. Now it's easy for both of us to control the fan.
2015 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost
2015 Creekside 20FQ
ProPride Hitch