cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First Trip Under Our Belt !

jhfxrtleeh1
Explorer
Explorer
Got back from our first trip on Saturday; spent the week at Ft Pickens, FL, in our new-to-us refurbished 2007 Pioneer Spirit (thanks to folks on this forum). Had two days of heavy rain and no leaks -- very happy with our re-sealing jobs on the roof and windows. All the systems worked perfectly and we only tried to kill each other once (about normal for us LOL). My 'needs' list isn't really long...mostly things like a clock and a good weather radio, and a couple of hooks to hang wet bathing suits in the shower. My 'don't need' list only had one item: not so much food! We're already planning our next trip -- probably dry camping this time. I think we've got the bug bad! :B
11 REPLIES 11

jhfxrtleeh1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. Yes it is a miracle that we only tried to kill each other once -- very nearly a record, lol! It must have been a good experience for DH, too, 'coz he came in this morning and said "I opened up the camper and it smells like it needs to go on another trip REAL soon." We're planning on a short (3day) dry trip in the next couple of weeks. Then another short trip to visit the daughter and family before it gets too cold in Indiana. Next spring it'll probably be a long trip to Idaho to visit the son and his family. Can't wait!

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
How did the enjoyable first trip for jhfxrtleeh1 end up in the "RV Adult Diaper Section" ? :B

It's a joy everyone get's to experience on an RV trip ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I was just amazed at the capacity and/or self restraint after 15 days of boondocking.

To the OP, congrats on a safe enjoyable first journey. The more you go, the more you'll enjoy it. I start to feel like the camper is calling for me to take it out if it's been a while. Whenever you have the time, try and spend a few weeks or months traveling the country. The Pacific Northwest is full of amazing places to discover.
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like a great trip and nobody was hurt:)
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
RavensFan24 wrote:
corvettekent wrote:
Nice to hear that your first trip out was good. On your dry camping trip start out at 2 or 3 days and work up from there. You may want to get a voltage meter to keep an eye on your batteries. We started slow like that and now with solar panels and more batteries our longest time dry camping is 15 days.

Hey Kent,

What do you do about your tank levels after 15 days? That's a long time to not fill up the black tank. Just curious because we've never done dry camping and any extended camping I've done with out sewer hookups always presses us to go find other options at some point.

How did the enjoyable first trip for jhfxrtleeh1 end up in the "RV Adult Diaper Section" ? :B

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
corvettekent wrote:
Nice to hear that your first trip out was good. On your dry camping trip start out at 2 or 3 days and work up from there. You may want to get a voltage meter to keep an eye on your batteries. We started slow like that and now with solar panels and more batteries our longest time dry camping is 15 days.

Hey Kent,

What do you do about your tank levels after 15 days? That's a long time to not fill up the black tank. Just curious because we've never done dry camping and any extended camping I've done with out sewer hookups always presses us to go find other options at some point.
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Only tried to kill each other once? I'd say that was a successful trip! ๐Ÿ˜‰
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Wonderful, gald you had fun. Enjoy and be safe.

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the first trip! Good fishing off the beach near Ft. Pickens at Pensacola Pass in October - of course not much fun in the rain.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
awesome! wrapping up our first season, few trips under our belt now, and loving it!

For our TT, I love those Command Hooks for extra hanging. can easily be removed and moved if you decide later. put a couple in the bathroom, another by the door for dog leashes. They make them for wet areas too, such is in the shower, and exterior grade as well. i highly recommend!
2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
2016 Coachman Clipper 17BH

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. Glad everything went well.
Enjoy your travels.