cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford AIS filter?

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Who has the best price on a replacement filter?
20 REPLIES 20

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
I have an AIS air box on my 7.3. I can tell its getting plugged up when I can't make 28 lbs of boost when going up a freeway onramp. It holds a lot of dirt. I have collected almost 1/4 cup of dirt for it.
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
MikeSD wrote:
transamz9 wrote:
MikeSD wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
BrokeRVr wrote:
I agree with using Tousley or you can get it from RiffRaff Diesel or RockAuto.

AIS Filter

Part number 2U2Z-9601-BA

Tim

Wow! No wonder the Blue Kool Aid drinkers complain about maintenance cost $72 for an air filter!
Fleetguard for my 01 Cummins is $20, it is $26 for the 7.5 up 6.7L. Fuel filter is $16.

As the poster below you noted, the AIS is a severe duty replacement (upgrade), with a completely different air box. Although it is a factory Ford part, it is not a 'stock' filter, per se. The AIS offers substantially better filtration as well as greatly increased airflow as compared to the 'stock' filter- which, incidentally, is $20-25, and available at any auto parts store....

This filter you are talking about is also available at an auto parts house. Go to Napa and tell them you want a FIL9090 air filter. There are $55.;)

If NAPA has an AIS equivalent, then it may well be $55. I only use the Motorcraft. However, if you are suggesting that a stock filter is $55, then you may be shopping at the wrong place.

Yes it is an AIS equivalent and if you want to throw you money away go for it. I was just responding to the OP.:W
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

MikeSD
Explorer
Explorer
transamz9 wrote:
MikeSD wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
BrokeRVr wrote:

AIS Filter

Part number 2U2Z-9601-BA

Tim

Wow! No wonder the Blue Kool Aid drinkers complain about maintenance cost $72 for an air filter!
Fleetguard for my 01 Cummins is $20, it is $26 for the 7.5 up 6.7L. Fuel filter is $16.

As the poster below you noted, the AIS is a severe duty replacement (upgrade), with a completely different air box. Although it is a factory Ford part, it is not a 'stock' filter, per se. The AIS offers substantially better filtration as well as greatly increased airflow as compared to the 'stock' filter- which, incidentally, is $20-25, and available at any auto parts store....

This filter you are talking about is also available at an auto parts house. Go to Napa and tell them you want a FIL9090 air filter. There are $55.;)

If NAPA has an AIS equivalent, then it may well be $55. I only use the Motorcraft. However, if you are suggesting that a stock filter is $55, then you may be shopping at the wrong place.
2002 Ford F-350 Lariat CC, LB 4x4 7.3L PSD
2006 Jayco JayFlight 27BH

TECMike
Explorer
Explorer
My Ford Severe Duty AIS system is about five years old. I expect to get a minimum of 50K miles before I even consider changing this current filter element.

And therein lies a very cost effective feature, not to mention more closed hood time, having a higher air flow and probably one of the best diesel air filtering system on the planet.

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
MikeSD wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
BrokeRVr wrote:

AIS Filter

Part number 2U2Z-9601-BA

Tim

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
I expect to replace the truck before having to replace an air fillter but I stick mainly to pavement.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

MikeSD
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
BrokeRVr wrote:

AIS Filter

Part number 2U2Z-9601-BA

Tim

2002 Ford F-350 Lariat CC, LB 4x4 7.3L PSD
2006 Jayco JayFlight 27BH

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
I can get stock replacement filter for same price $20 easy but he is looking for an upgraded filter some people I have heard put 40k miles on one and said to breathe better than stock and cleaner the stock air box on a 7.3 is nothing to write home about... that foed ais is on my list of to do's
Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
2016 Open Range Roamer 367BHS
13 F350 6.7 CREW LONG BED SRW
B & W Patriot

02 F350 7.3 SC LB SRW - SOLD
2014 Keystone Cougar 281BHS - SOLD

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
BrokeRVr wrote:

AIS Filter

Part number 2U2Z-9601-BA

Tim

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

BrokeRVr
Explorer
Explorer

AIS Filter

Part number 2U2Z-9601-BA

Tim

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
Tousley Ford... IIRC
Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
2016 Open Range Roamer 367BHS
13 F350 6.7 CREW LONG BED SRW
B & W Patriot

02 F350 7.3 SC LB SRW - SOLD
2014 Keystone Cougar 281BHS - SOLD

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
colliehauler wrote:
Who has the best price on a replacement filter?

Got to ask what is Fords Asking price for that filter, hopefully less than $100.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
My brother's a diesel tech and he told me never to get an aftermarket filter or intake unless you'd like to find out what a dusted turbo looks like and what it costs.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

TECMike
Explorer
Explorer
Colliehauler: Sorry I could not help more. The Ford dealer is the only place I have found them and they do not seem to vary in price much.