cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford Ranger Raptor Doing final Testing in Australia(Images)

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
The Pickup will have a choice of two Ecoboost engines in NA and The Lion Diesel and the 3.5litre Ecoboost in Australia. Ford Australia is the design and development centre for the program. Different combinations and specifications for different regions.

33 REPLIES 33

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
Thanks for the info Fordlover.

Well, that is one on the list. Certainly not "several". Anymore that do not exist Robert? Oh, and you still haven't said which ones were engineered and developed outside NA.

Well reading is not one of your strengths. You gave a list where two of the vehicles will either about to be axed or have been, I could bring up the Econoline, that will be axed totally.
I said all Pickups produced had foreign engineered parts and engines. Pickups by the way only make up 11%of US production long way from " bulk" of US Production

Here we go with the insults again. Robert, I have not insulted you in any of these posts so why do you have to go there?

The Econoline cab and chassis is still being built and Ford has not set and end date to that as of yet and they are still seelling way more E series cab and chassis then they do the global Colorado/Canyon twins combined so.....

So which parts on all of these pickups are foreign engineers? If you are able to make such a statement then you should be able to tell us all about it.

Oh, and pickups don't make up 11% of production. You are misconstruing the numbers I posted. I said the top three, as in the number one most sold vehicle the US(F-series), the number two most sold vehicle in the US(Silverado), and the number three(Ram) make up 11% of all vehicles sold in 2016. There are more full size pickups in production, but they are further on the most sold list. That also does not take in account for all North American numbers.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

Correct, Pickups make up the best selling segments in the US, Australia and Canada.
Canada and Australia have roughly 14% of sales devoted to Pickups, US 11% Not all of the engineering in a fact a lot is done elsewhere outside the US.
Pickups do not make up the bulk of vehicles sold in any market. I notice the Japanese sell a lot of vehicles in the US and they and the Koreans, and all the other non NA manufacturers contribute to the " bulk" of vehicles sold.

Good point. This site has a lot of the US numbers:
http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html

So, while the 3 big pickups are the top 3 sellers in YTD 2017, the biggest selling "segment" YTD in 2017 is by far CUVs, then mid-size cars, small-size cars and only then comes pickups, suvs, minivans and the other segments.

And in every segment except Pickups (not to be confused with "Light Trucks"), there are a lot of non-US players. The "Light Duty Truck" group includes CUVs, SUVs, vans as well as pickups, which is confusing, to me at least.

Anyway, it's been interesting ...
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
brulaz wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Just like the bulk of our vehicles are designed and engineered here.

They certainly are not. Tell me which ones?

Robert, you forget that the best-selling American vehicles are American style pickups. Styled and Engineered, and sometimes built in the US. With the occasional exception, like the subject of this thread.

Correct, Pickups make up the best selling segments in the US, Australia and Canada.
Canada and Australia have roughly 14% of sales devoted to Pickups, US 11% Not all of the engineering in a fact a lot is done elsewhere outside the US.
Pickups do not make up the bulk of vehicles sold in any market. I notice the Japanese sell a lot of vehicles in the US and they and the Koreans, and all the other non NA manufacturers contribute to the " bulk" of vehicles sold.
In 2011, Japanese brands reaped 36 percent of all U.S. new-car sales, according to Automotive News. European carmakers, by contrast, had 9.8 percent. A decade ago, Japanese brands had 28.5 percent of the market, while European brands had just 7.6 percent.

In 2016 GM and Ford made up 32% of all vehicles sold in the US. FCA is now a foreign entity. What percentage is foreign engineered GM, Ford and FCA?It would appear to be a lot
Halcyon days when everything was built and engineered in the US are long gone. Trump gets Kudos from me in trying to bring manufacturing back to the US

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
If the Ranger Raptor is anything like its bigger version, it will be a good 4wd but poor tow vehicle. This leads me to ask why it's even in this forum section?

They still tow.. Towing ability is relative, no US Pickups tows like A HDT Truck.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer

Well, that is one on the list. Certainly not "several". Anymore that do not exist Robert? Oh, and you still haven't said which ones were engineered and developed outside NA.

Well reading is not one of your strengths. You gave a list where two of the vehicles will either about to be axed or have been, I could bring up the Econoline, that will be axed totally.
I said all Pickups produced had foreign engineered parts and engines. Pickups by the way only make up 11%of US production long way from " bulk" of US Production

Bedlam
If the Ranger Raptor is anything like its bigger version, it will be a good 4wd but poor tow vehicle. This leads me to ask why it's even in this forum section?

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Fordlover wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Not totally, they do not represent the bulk of US vehicles and that listing contain vehicles with foreign
parts A few were engineered outside NA. Several do not exist. What no Hyundai, TOYOTA, BMW, Mercedes etc

Hyundai, Toyota, BMW, etc... are not our vehicles. They are other country's vehicles sold here.

Which vehicles on that list were engineered outside NA? Which "several" do exist?

How about all of the Pickups. From a cursory glance the Viper, Chrysler 200 appear to be missing in action. Have to look at in detail.

Viper is still being made and sold in NA until the plant shuts down next month. The 200 is still on production with no end date that I know of.

I don't think so, the 200 ended production about 6 months ago.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/fca-ends-production-chrysler-200/

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Not totally, they do not represent the bulk of US vehicles and that listing contain vehicles with foreign
parts A few were engineered outside NA. Several do not exist. What no Hyundai, TOYOTA, BMW, Mercedes etc

Hyundai, Toyota, BMW, etc... are not our vehicles. They are other country's vehicles sold here.

Which vehicles on that list were engineered outside NA? Which "several" do exist?

How about all of the Pickups. From a cursory glance the Viper, Chrysler 200 appear to be missing in action. Have to look at in detail.

Viper is still being made and sold in NA until the plant shuts down next month. The 200 is still on production with no end date that I know of.

I don't think so, the 200 ended production about 6 months ago.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/fca-ends-production-chrysler-200/
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
brulaz wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:

Robert, you forget that the best-selling American vehicles are American style pickups. Styled and Engineered, and sometimes built in the US. With the occasional exception, like the subject of this thread.

That is true, the top three's full size pick up sales alone made up for over 11% of all vehicles sold in the US in 2016. These trucks have had the one, two, three spot of most sold vehicles in the US for a long time. Proof that we North Americans love our full size trucks and the market for them is still very strong regardless of what the world thinks.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:

2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer