cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford Super Duty Owner's Manual

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Anybody come across anything interesting reading your owner's manual?
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5
31 REPLIES 31

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
4x4ord wrote:
kellem wrote:
I find it intriguing that everytime I purchase a new truck that the maintenance intervals have increased substantially.

My 2021 SD manual is saying 150K antifreeze....something we use to change annually.

Is a periodic test and coolant additive recharge required?

The coolant test was really in case someone topped off the coolant bottle with the wrong coolant. Ford has switched from the Orange coolant to a new Yellow coolant that last even longer so I doubt a recharge is necessary.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, you can buy test kits on amazon
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
kellem wrote:
I find it intriguing that everytime I purchase a new truck that the maintenance intervals have increased substantially.

My 2021 SD manual is saying 150K antifreeze....something we use to change annually.

Is a periodic test and coolant additive recharge required?
B&W Companion

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
4x4ord wrote:

I find it interesting that you are to oil the lug nuts a certain way, do you know of anyone that ever does it and does it right?

To the chagrin of the rvnet lug nut torque police, Iโ€™ve been using anti seize on all wheel lugs for a good 30 years now....

You obviously never read a Ford truck owners manual or you would know that we Ford owners have better nuts.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Manual wrote:
On all two-piece flat wheel nuts,
apply one drop of motor oil between
the flat washer and the nu

Just to reveal the secret, 160 ft-lb og torque. P347
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Disconnecting the battery requires more computer learning, and supposedly engine will not start, if battery is not at state of charge to operate all electronics.

I will be changing out my battery soon, due to it being a bit weak. The manual says part of learning process, after running engine at idle to complete warmup, you need to put in gear, idle one minute, then turn air conditioner on, allow another one minute of idle, then drive around for another 10 miles.

I understand the idle learning, while AC is turned on, but it is currently 11 degrees below 0 F, and I would wonder if the AC would even function normally, to relearn idle properly?

Would the lowest tech at the Ford dealership, installing the new battery know to jump through all these hoops listed in the manual, or would he just swap batteries and GTG?

I'm thinking like many things, might be best to change it myself, then it would be done as described in the manual.

Jerry

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
I used to never โ€œ change โ€œ the antifreeze just replaced it whenever I blew a hose or had to change the water pump etc....

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
PS, if you actually tell them how you donโ€™t really believe in doing preventative maintenance save for the occasional oil change because it doesnโ€™t affect you because you just get a new truck before stuff breaks from lack of maintenance, Iโ€™ll bet they look right past the lack of an owners manual....
Or is that why you do this? Couldnโ€™t find an owners manual to actually see when maintenance should be done?

LOL
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
4x4ord wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
Owners Manual ? :h

Iโ€™m going to put my F350 up for sale and I just discovered I donโ€™t have the ownerโ€™s manual. Iโ€™m kind of hoping if people come to look at it they will have your attitude.

I find it intriguing that this is actually a thread with a question and discussion points.....
Who cares if you lost your owners manual?
Hint, NO One does.

But bonus points for your strange into to the subject....

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lynnmor wrote:
4x4ord wrote:

I find it interesting that you are to oil the lug nuts a certain way, do you know of anyone that ever does it and does it right?

To the chagrin of the rvnet lug nut torque police, Iโ€™ve been using anti seize on all wheel lugs for a good 30 years now....

kellem
Explorer
Explorer

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:

Iโ€™m going to put my F350 up for sale and I just discovered I donโ€™t have the ownerโ€™s manual. Iโ€™m kind of hoping if people come to look at it they will have your attitude.
B&W Companion

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
4x4ord wrote:

I do. I like the design of the Super Duty lug nuts.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
I record maintenance items with miles and date in the owners manual and recently documented 207,000 miles for a transfer case oil change. This is the second time I changed this oil so obviously I'm not following the change interval in the manual.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"