cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Four season manufacturers

TheLostOne
Explorer
Explorer
Who are some of the better 4 season trailer makers. Who would you suggest? What do you like or dislike about each manufacturer
8 REPLIES 8

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
You can camp all four seasons without a 4-seasons trailer if you camp in the right parts of the country. Like the geese, go south in the winter and north in the summer.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

brookside
Explorer
Explorer
It depends on how much you want to pay and how big you want to go and also what your view of "four seasons".
Cathy, Alfred, and Andrew.
Appreciating each day

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of manufacturers offer upgraded insulation packages. They all have their issues, none are perfect. I would look for the floor plan you like then see if they have an insulation upgrade. Dual pane windows are a must for true 4 season, as well as insulated holding tanks. We have a Fox Mountain with their 4 season package w/o dual pane windows. I can say for a fact that it's way more comfortable than the Heartland TT we had that just had the standard insulation package. Another aspect to look at is how the unit is sealed up. Lots of manufactures don't put seals on some of the outside openings. That creates drafts inside.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
New Horizon custom built TT just how you want it. Need deep pockets though.

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
Lance is another 4 season manufacturer. All of these are west coast for some reason. The Cougar Half-tons are also west coast and can be ordered with 4-season options, but are probably not as well insulated or as well built as the others.

Compared to the Lance, the Northwood family (including Outdoors RV) tend to be heavier, use more wood in construction, and have very rugged frames/axles/wheels/tires capable of off-road use. The Lance uses light-weight frames and has less road clearance.

The Northwoods also have vented a/c in the roof, and, to me at least, are more spacious inside (some have vaulted ceilings, no step-up to the pull-out dinette, more head-room in the shower).
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
I'd respectfully recommend looking at RV Consumer Group. They rate RVs (new models and used) based on safety, economy and reliability. They also delineate between between vacation, snowbirding and full time usage. Membership will cost you for the information as they accept no advertising dollars from the RV industry. However, that cost is a pittance relative to the amount you are going to spend for a camper.

Some folks don't put much stock in their evaluations. Yet their 20+ years in the industry is indicative of the fact that many people find their information very helpful. I used them in 04 while assessing my needs for heavy four season travel. Since I'm retiring this year, I'll once again use their services in selecting a larger full time unit.
RVn Full-time

Robbies_grandpa
Explorer
Explorer
Outdoors RV is another one (sister of Artic Fox who is really Northwood Mfg.)

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Artic Fox......Bigfoot........