cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateleg Table Mod (pix)

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Our camper has no dinnette. The one in our last camper was so cramped and uncomfortable that we selected our current floorplan that has no dinnette. The camper came with a "portable" folding table that was so heavy and awkward that we gave up using that too. The biggest problem was that there was no good place to stow it.

We had been using small folding tray-type tables, but I think I have come up with a better arrangement: I designed and constructed a gate leg table

Closed the table measures 26 1/2" x 12"

With one leaf open the table measures 26 1/2" x 25 1/2"

Set for dinner table measures 26 1/2" x 39"

You can see more of my modifications at this LINK
6 REPLIES 6

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
samhain7 wrote:

X2 and thanks for sharing. :C

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
ADK Camper wrote:
Our camper has no dinnette. The one in our last camper was so cramped and uncomfortable that we selected our current floorplan that has no dinnette. The camper came with a "portable" folding table that was so heavy and awkward that we gave up using that too. The biggest problem was that there was no good place to stow it.

We had been using small folding tray-type tables, but I think I have come up with a better arrangement: I designed and constructed a gate leg table.

We have just a sofa as well, no dinette, and because we mostly eat outdoors this works quite well for us. However, when the weather is just plain awful it is handy to be able to eat indoors while seated at the sofa but like yours the standalone table supplied with our trailer is way too heavy and awkward to deal with so I've stored it in the house and we instead use a couple of small folding TV tray type tables. I must be living in the dark ages though because I had no idea what a "gateleg" table was, nor did my wife, so thanks for your pics! This looks like a great solution but in a 19' trailer I'm not sure where I'd be able to store one, unlike the two portable tables we currently use that weigh but a few pounds apiece and take up almost no room at all to store. Gotta give this some thought though as yours is an interesting solution. 🙂
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Whammon1
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice! That's thinking outside the box.

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice idea and workmanship.
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
Nice fix for an annoying problem.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin