cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

getting keys made

wickedstang03
Explorer
Explorer
So my camper that I just bought 2000 prowler only came with one set of keys.... has anyone ever had keys made if so where? Am I going to have to go to a rv parts store? Here is what my keys look like
22 REPLIES 22

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
mobeewan wrote:
wickedstang03 wrote:
So my camper that I just bought 2000 prowler only came with one set of keys.... has anyone ever had keys made if so where? Am I going to have to go to a rv parts store? Here is what my keys look like

Your blank is exactly like my original trailer keys. When I bought my trailer new in 2007 I went to a local locksmith and they used ilco blank 1573E to cut my extra trailer keys. The ilco blank also has the number CLB5 on it which is a blank number for one of "The Club" steering wheel locks.

This blank also worked for Yakima brand roof rack lock inserts and also for Trac Rac truck rack locking knobs. I know this for certain because I had a Yakima rack on an Isuzu Trooper I used to own and I have a Trac Rac truck rack on my Chevy Silverado. I had additional keys cut for both of those as well.

I have seen the blanks for "The Club" at Ace Hardware. They might be blank number 1573E, CLB5 or CB5.

That is a F.I.C FASTEC blank. FIC1 or FIC3 Ilco #1617 or 1681..
A Thule uses a 62FT or F68YT

MY ORIGINAL KEYS WERE FIC. However, the locksmith used "The Club" steering wheel blanks to make my extra keys since the slots in the shank on that blank was the same and it was all he had that would work. I have been using one of those keys for 8 years as my primary trailer key with no issues. I like the fact it doesn't take up as much space on my key ring as the original ones with the molded plastic. That is why I got extra keys made. The truck rack also had the plastic head like the FIC trailer key and also took up too much space on my key rings.

Comparing pictures of the Ilco 1617 blank you referenced and the Ilco 1573E I referenced the slot patterns in the shank look identical. The only difference I see is the 1617 has a square head and the 1573E has a rounded head and looks a little longer. Which ever one is available or can be found should work fine.

As far as the Thule keys you speak of I never had a Thule rack nor mentioned Thule. I have a Yakima Rack and as I stated THE SAME BLANKS WORK FINE. That rack is over 15 years old. Have any comments about my truck rack keys not being right either??? Those spares have worked fine as my primary rack keys for 12 years.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
mobeewan wrote:
wickedstang03 wrote:

Your blank is exactly like my original trailer keys. When I bought my trailer new in 2007 I went to a local locksmith and they used ilco blank 1573E to cut my extra trailer keys. The ilco blank also has the number CLB5 on it which is a blank number for one of "The Club" steering wheel locks.

This blank also worked for Yakima brand roof rack lock inserts and also for Trac Rac truck rack locking knobs. I know this for certain because I had a Yakima rack on an Isuzu Trooper I used to own and I have a Trac Rac truck rack on my Chevy Silverado. I had additional keys cut for both of those as well.

I have seen the blanks for "The Club" at Ace Hardware. They might be blank number 1573E, CLB5 or CB5.

That is a F.I.C FASTEC blank. FIC1 or FIC3 Ilco #1617 or 1681..
A Thule uses a 62FT or F68YT
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
wickedstang03 wrote:

wrenchbender
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on your security,What you may consider is removing the lockset and going to a locksmith and have him reindex the tumblers and cut new keys.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on the ACE hardware, They made the DW an extra set.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
You can order them from Fastec Industires, the makers of most RV keys. They are about $3.50 each, so it's not like it's expensive. ....
That is where I ordered mine. Fast, easy, inexpensive. Ordered online and got them in less than a week. Fastec
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced all of my storage locks with new ones from Home Depot, $7.95 lock and I know my neighbor cannot open bays with his keys. I know it just keeps the honest people out but I feel better about it.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Our extras were made at a local hardware store.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Most locksmiths have a good selection of keys of all sorts.

Home Depot and Lowes also carry a wide selection, but are more limited that a full service locksmith.

RV Repair facilities might have 8-12 key blanks for the door locks, and perhaps another 4-6 key blanks for popular car keys.

Good luck,

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
Local Locksmith any other option is a disaster in the making.

I have no idea why you would say this!

I have ordered several replacements off the net with no problems whatsoever. Yes, I know everybody else has the same key, but I have the key to everybody elses.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Uncle_Rj
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced all our 751s last year because we wanted a bit of security. We have a luggage door that opens into the bunkbed area that was 751 - and anyone could open it. Not something we really thought was a good idea with our daughter sleeping in the bunk.

Google ch751 lock replacement and you'll come up with good replacement locks.

The only drawback is that you can't ask your neighbor for a key if you forget yours at home.

wickedstang03
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome thanks going to order some CF303 tonight and ch751 for storage compartment

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Local Locksmith any other option is a disaster in the making.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
I bought ours online. It was easy and inexpensive.
A simple google search will give you everything you need.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo