cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GM Factory 5th Wheel Prep

Rich1961
Explorer
Explorer
I finally received my Chevrolet 3500 Dually last week after ordering it 3 1/2 months ago. GM finally came out with the factory 5th wheel puck system so I ordered it with the truck. I haven't seen anyone post that they had one so here is mine.

B&W has come out with the RVK 3700 for the GM 5th Wheel Prep. I was able to order the base only, as I already have a B&W Companion so will be using the hitch head from the Companion on the RVK 3700 base.

Rich
2016 Chevrolet/Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab B&W RVK 3700 5th Wheel Hitch
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5T
18 REPLIES 18

batavia02
Explorer
Explorer
Congradulations on new truck.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congrats on that nice looking truck... Perhaps this would be a good time to change your name. :B
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
boshog wrote:
minnow wrote:
tinner12002 wrote:
Nice truck. It figures though that Gm would have to do something different as far as puck spacing than Ford or Ram. Nothing like making it hard on the hitch manufacturers.

Exactly. Why do the three have different puck placement dimensions. it's not as if Ram, Ford or Chevy make their own hitches. They all use aftermarket. Stupid and makes it much more convoluted for the hitch builders and the end user RV'er.

You would think it would be a standard.

I was under my RAM 3500 looking at how the mounts are placed, they are directly over the frame rails. I don't know how Ford and GM puck mounts are secured, maybe that is why B&W offers a 24K hitch for the RAM and not the GM or Fords.

RAM B&W is 25k towing and 6,250# pin.

There must something about the Ford and GM's puck system that B&W feels is not strong enough to give them 25k also. Same exact mounting and hitch head system.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

boshog
Explorer
Explorer
minnow wrote:
tinner12002 wrote:
Nice truck. It figures though that Gm would have to do something different as far as puck spacing than Ford or Ram. Nothing like making it hard on the hitch manufacturers.

Exactly. Why do the three have different puck placement dimensions. it's not as if Ram, Ford or Chevy make their own hitches. They all use aftermarket. Stupid and makes it much more convoluted for the hitch builders and the end user RV'er.

You would think it would be a standard.

I was under my RAM 3500 looking at how the mounts are placed, they are directly over the frame rails. I don't know how Ford and GM puck mounts are secured, maybe that is why B&W offers a 24K hitch for the RAM and not the GM or Fords.

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would use the Ford and GM 20k B&W hitches to pull my 23k RV before either the Curt or REESE 25k hitches for sure.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
My post was more to general audience than you! How did you get your new truck with a Cummings, I thought they all came with to many smaller pistons? Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Rich1961
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Oh no! A new group of B&W fans coming down the Pike! What will the naysayers say now. And when will Andersen get with the future and now make three new models that go directly into the pucks on Fords/RAMs/GMs? Chris

Chris,

I'm not new to B&W. First had their Turnover Ball Hitch in the mid 90's, and have installed 8 of them for myself, friends and family over the years. I had the Companion 5th Wheel hitch in my last truck which worked great, and would have used it again if the GM factory prep wasn't available. I am going to use the head from the Companion Hitch as I only needed to order the base unit for the new truck. They are great hitches though! Maybe we should call ourselves the B&W Mafia! ๐Ÿ˜‰
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5T

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
Wow great looking truck! Enjoy
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh no! A new group of B&W fans coming down the Pike! What will the naysayers say now. And when will Andersen get with the future and now make three new models that go directly into the pucks on Fords/RAMs/GMs? Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Rich1961
Explorer
Explorer
Sport45 wrote:
Nice looking truck! I'm thinking you'll like it for years to come.

Cummins12V98 wrote:
I was surprised to see the GM B&W is only 20k rated like the Ford puck hitch is. It looks like GM made the puck footprint big like RAM not small like Ford.

Pic of the base looks like the Ford on B&W's site.

Op can you post a pic of your hitch?

BTW nice truck.

The pucks don't look to be as close to the wheel wells on the GM as they are on the Ram. This leaves the side supports more vertical. Maybe looks like the Ram base from the side and the Ford base from the back?

The pucks are 22" front to back and 27" side to side. Slightly bigger footprint than the Ford and smaller than the Ram puck system. I haven't received the B&W base yet, as it is supposed to be here this week. 20K is plenty high enough rated for me as my 5th Wheel is 15.7k GVWR, and about 13.5k on the scale. The Curt hitch is rated 25k if one needed more. When I get the B&W I'll post pictures.

I can say I was surprised that this Dually rides better than my 2500HD did.
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5T

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice looking truck.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
Great looking truck!
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!