2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin
49 REPLIES 49

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Wait, the recall is only concerning 1/2 tons and we all know 1/2 tons can't tow anything... only grocery get'rs as is frequently said. A loaner car should be perfectly acceptable in this case.

carry on with the normal banter.

It does not appear as GM is trying to hide anything so good on them for being proactive and stepping up to the plate.
I love me some land yachting

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:
GM should be REQUIRED to either provide a loaner vehicle (theirs or a rental) until the truck is repaired, or to buy back the truck at full selling price.

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, and International should give you a brand new Bus, or the price of it when it was brand new, or a loaner set up exactly like yours so you won't be inconvenienced if it ever breaks. Doesn't matter how you used this bus, or how many thousands of miles you put on this bus, you think you should get every penny back for it. :S :S :S

I don't agree with his post but these are all 2016 vehicles not 1980's. So yes the 900 or so owners affected by this should get a loaner vehicle and Dadoffourgirls has already said they will! I'm not sure they should get a like vehicle to tow with as the GM nor the dealership could sell it.

Some of you guys are just flat out nuts if you think they should give you a vehicle to tow with while your vehicle is down.

Don

For a day or so that's fine but if they send you a notice telling you NOT to drive your brand new truck and don't know when they will have replacement parts available then yes they should loan you a truck if that's what you need. If I depend on a truck to haul my tools and or make me money then that's what they should give me. I don't buy a truck just to drive around to the grocery or to commute with.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
mtofell1 wrote:
Being a business owner I always wonder what happened leading up to this - did they catch some rogue employee purposely not welding something? Did they get a bad batch of welding "glue?" How did they first learn of the problem? Maybe a truck just fell apart as it rolled off the assembly line?

And the brand bashers really make me laugh - a disgruntled employee could pee in the milkshake machine at McDonalds just as easy as Burger King.

I agree....Thank You Sir. ๐Ÿ™‚
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:
GM should be REQUIRED to either provide a loaner vehicle (theirs or a rental) until the truck is repaired, or to buy back the truck at full selling price.

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, and International should give you a brand new Bus, or the price of it when it was brand new, or a loaner set up exactly like yours so you won't be inconvenienced if it ever breaks. Doesn't matter how you used this bus, or how many thousands of miles you put on this bus, you think you should get every penny back for it. :S :S :S

I don't agree with his post but these are all 2016 vehicles not 1980's. So yes the 900 or so owners affected by this should get a loaner vehicle and Dadoffourgirls has already said they will! I'm not sure they should get a like vehicle to tow with as the GM nor the dealership could sell it.

Some of you guys are just flat out nuts if you think they should give you a vehicle to tow with while your vehicle is down.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
Jarlaxle wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Jarlaxle wrote:

I agree and although the article did not say so the warranty on my 2013 2500 D/A and 2014 Impala provides a loaner any time it is in the shop over night or if I am inconvenienced. I believe that may be standard with the other manufacturers.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Wes_Tausend
Explorer
Explorer
TrueBlueKC wrote:
I was at several GM dealers yesterday looking for a new TV for a future trailer purchase. It was a beautiful Saturday and the lots were void of people and rather peaceful. I may be able to use this to my advantage. The 2500's are not affected but they may be desperate to make a sale later this month.

TrueBlue, you vulture!

Just kidding. Good thinking. :B
Days spent camping are not subtracted from one's total.
- 2019 Leprechaun 311FS Class C
- Linda, Wes and Quincy the Standard Brown Poodle

TrueBlueKC
Explorer
Explorer
I was at several GM dealers yesterday looking for a new TV for a future trailer purchase. It was a beautiful Saturday and the lots were void of people and rather peaceful. I may be able to use this to my advantage. The 2500's are not affected but they may be desperate to make a sale later this month.
17 Ram 2500 6.4L

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, the dealer and/or the factory is only obligated to fix your truck, not cater to all of your needs. If they give you a loan car, be happy.

If I bought a truck I would have reasonable expectation of some sort quality. If the quality is not there and requires fixing, then that's at the manufacturers cost, and YES a loaner vehicle of the same description would be appropriate, NOT a loan car. I don't call that catering.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, the dealer and/or the factory is only obligated to fix your truck, not cater to all of your needs. If they give you a loan car, be happy.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Try saying Multimatic Inmetmatic 3 times fast.

That's the most tongue twisting name for a company I have ever heard!
Bob

Engineer9860
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
Engineer9860 wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
Where are the fanboys?

Why?

Are you spoiling for an argument?

Are you trying to defend them? What's it to you if I don't like GM? You working PR for them or just fanboy #1?

Dude, you act like a 7 year old. They are just pick up trucks. Not worth all of the vitriol IMO.
In Memoriam: Liberty Belle

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Engineer9860 wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
Where are the fanboys?

Why?

Are you trying to defend them? What's it to you if I don't like GM? You working PR for them or just fanboy #1?
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Engineer9860
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
Where are the fanboys?

Why?

In Memoriam: Liberty Belle