cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gm trucks really selling strong !!

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
Goodcarbadcar.com. Just released truck numbers for June . Chevy alone is catching up to ford while Chevy and GMC together outsold ford by huge margin while selling more trucks than ford year to date.
29 REPLIES 29

estesbubba
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2006 Dodge 2500 CTD and recently bought a 2015 Ram 3500 CTD. I saw this graphic while researching which really surprised me how well Ram was doing in the HD category.

A buddy got a 2015 Chevy 3500 which is also a nice truck. We were both amazed how similar both trucks were and how advanced they compared to our previous 10+ old trucks. It's fun getting into pissing matches about sales numbers, 0-60, quarter mile up a hill while pulling a house, etc. In reality all of the big three diesels will pull our campers all day on the interstate in OD and get to the campground in the same time.
--Bubba

2008 Keystone Cougar 291RLS 5er
2015 Ram 3500 SRW Crew Cab with 6.7L Cummins

Our Website

rfsod48
Explorer
Explorer
Who cares!!!
Roland,Linda and Matt Schwarz, LuLu, MoMo and Chewy
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 38N Catipillar C7
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4wd Drive II
Go Bucks!

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
MARK VANDERBENT wrote:
Funny how some people just can't handle the fact ford can be beat at times ??

Huh? :h

Look at my signature!;)
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
Ford is having trouble getting frames for their trucks and this is impacting their sales. I'm a GM owner-but that's a MAJOR REASON for Ford's lower sales.

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
Funny how some people just can't handle the fact ford can be beat at times ??

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Remember that Ford had a long shut down of F-150 production while they were retooling for the 2015 F-150. I am seeing a lot of the new F-150 trucks around here now so I would bet that Ford will be #1 again very soon. I think their sales will increase even more when the new Super Duty is released.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Hate the whole who sold the most thing... McDonalds sells the most burgers but we all know they are******compared to In-N-Out
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
And in another year someone else will sell more and we will wade through that round of dribble as well.

:B
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
..Just the opposite of goducks10....owned Chevy Trucks from 1975 until 2010, then went with Ram....If I ever went with another brand, I'd go back to Chevy...I love the Ram's and I really liked my Chevy's, (last 4 were D/A's).
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
And in another year someone else will sell more and we will wade through that round of dribble as well.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Never been a Chevy truck fan. Always bought Fords till I got my 12 Ram 2500. But these new GM twins are really nice looking IMO. Told my wife if we were to get another truck right now it would be a GM.

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, it was just over a year ago and everybody was bashing the GM twins. They were plain, no great styling change, no turbo, no new diesel, no new transmissions, no new useless gizmo, etc.

GM had missed the mark. Ford was selling F-150s like crazy.

Well, the times have changed, and almost looks reversed.

So the reported deliveries is a good sign for GM. So I expect the usual others (besides dodge guy who drives a Ford) to add their useless comments.

I think the great news is that Colorado deliveries were up 12,759% and Canyon deliveries were up 84,300%!
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ya, but there still GM trucks! Which mean that there is still more junk on the road!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
chevy + GMC numbers have been greater than Fords for many years. Not by much, but greater than ford

Ford only has one brand of trucks, while GM has Chevy and GMC so it's true that ford is the highest selling brand, but for years GM has outsold Ford in total trucks, they just haven't done the advertizing.

personally, i don't really care who sells the most, as long as I can get the truck I like. Glad we have 3 strong mfg of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. All are darn good trucks.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Gets old after a while.