cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gm trucks really selling strong !!

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
Goodcarbadcar.com. Just released truck numbers for June . Chevy alone is catching up to ford while Chevy and GMC together outsold ford by huge margin while selling more trucks than ford year to date.
29 REPLIES 29

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
Can't argue with the numbers. GM is smoking Ford this year.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
GM sells a lot of 2500 trucks too. Lowest cost of ownership for companys.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
MARK VANDERBENT wrote:
Goodcarbadcar.com. Just released truck numbers for June . Chevy alone is catching up to ford while Chevy and GMC together outsold ford by huge margin while selling more trucks than ford year to date.

After two years of full time on the road, why is it that for towing larger 5th wheel trailers the number one truck we see is Ford diesel, then next is Ram Cummins diesel and lastly is the Chevy Duramax.

Accounts and publicity folks can be creative in their counting.

Ken

adding all the models up = 1 number. splitting it into the 1500, 2500, 3500 dually etc. probably gives different numbers.

I do see lots of ford 350/450 duallys pulling 5th wheels, haven't really paid attention to how that compares to dodge/chevy.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
dreeder wrote:
Im glad to hear it. Not just Gm but I want Ram to sell well and I want Ford to continue to sell well. As far as i'm concerned we all win in a competitive market and we also win if we don't have to fund another bailout.

Absolutely!!! The competition between the brands has definitely improved trucks. dodge coming out with the cummins, ford and the original powerstroke 7.3, GM fixing the big 3 transmission problems by going to Allison and Ford, Chrysler matching them with newer better transmissions, the quest for quite diesels and who's the quitest. we all win.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

rfsod48
Explorer
Explorer
dreeder wrote:
Im glad to hear it. Not just Gm but I want Ram to sell well and I want Ford to continue to sell well. As far as i'm concerned we all win in a competitive market and we also win if we don't have to fund another bailout.

Amen!:)
Roland,Linda and Matt Schwarz, LuLu, MoMo and Chewy
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 38N Catipillar C7
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4wd Drive II
Go Bucks!

Targa
Explorer
Explorer

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
TXiceman wrote:
MARK VANDERBENT wrote:

After two years of full time on the road, why is it that for towing larger 5th wheel trailers the number one truck we see is Ford diesel, then next is Ram Cummins diesel and lastly is the Chevy Duramax.

Ken

Ken,
I 100% agree with you on your observation with the HD diesel trucks towing campers. And I travel I10 a lot which receives a lot of travelers from other states.

Having said that, I believe Chevy's increase is good for our economy being a domestic brand and the increase I'm seeing is mostly coming from their .5 ton trucks.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Ya, but there still GM trucks! Which mean that there is still more junk on the road!

You are joking right ? I have a Chevy pushing 375,000 miles with minimal problems. Non of which happened until 175,000 miles.
Bryan
2003 2500HD Ext. cab short box
6.0 liter 4.10 gears, Nelson performance PCM 293,000 miles
98 K1500 4x4 heavy duty 1/2 ton (Sold)
6,600lb GVWR 5,280lbs on the scale empty
14 bolt rear diff. 3:73 , Tranny and oil coolers
380,000 miles.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
MARK VANDERBENT wrote:

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

bluie5
Explorer
Explorer
gmcsmoke wrote:
except when RAM does it then it's a big circle jerk in here. too many people have sand in their vaginas.

:B
2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC PSD SRW 4x4
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
except when RAM does it then it's a big circle jerk in here. too many people have sand in their vaginas.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
ktmrfs wrote:

personally, i don't really care who sells the most, as long as I can get the truck I like. Glad we have 3 strong mfg of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. All are darn good trucks.

Bingo. If I had a Kewpie doll you would win it!

Seriously, are some so insecure that we have to see these pissing matches going on?
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
rfsod48 wrote:
Who cares!!!

Exactly. Like someone said earlier, they're all good trucks.

And the Toyota Camry is the most 'American' car. Ford is no longer on the most American list.
We're all driving foreign vehicles. Does it really matter who sells how many of what? ๐Ÿ™‚

dshelley
Explorer
Explorer
When GM CEO Mary Barra said "no more crappy vehicles" she meant it. GM's new offerings are no longer compromising bottom of the pile throwaways. Most recent comparison shootouts confirm they are building some reasonably fine vehicles. The new GM twins didn't set any new bar, but surely rose up to that previously set by Ram and Ford.
2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 5'7"box. 395 HP 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 gear, 8 speed auto. 26 foot Heartland North Trail Caliber travel trailer.