Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GMs new secret weapon......LOL

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
The better Silverado......

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today
82 REPLIES 82

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
The SAS would be a beautiful accessory for any GM pickup! :B
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
Hannibal wrote:
And here I was hoping from the title of the thread that the OP had acquired his CWFL and bought a nice Sig 938 Nightmare for his pocket.

I am waiting for the SAS model to show up here locally.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
And here I was hoping from the title of the thread that the OP had acquired his CWFL and bought a nice Sig 938 Nightmare for his pocket.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Same metrics while at SunLabs... (back to the original topic)

The summer intern kids (late teens to early twenties) from the likes of MIT,
Harvard, Berkeley, Stanford, Purdue, etc, etc all were whizzes on CAD and could
do almost anything you told them to do...but...when asked to 'think' and 'design'
something from scratch...got some pretty weird stuff...think Rube Goldberg

The older (mid 30's and up) physicists had the seasoned (hard knock schooling)
to know better

Oxymoron that...as the older physicists some times said 'can not be done' and
the kids often proved them so wrong because they didn't know they could...those
are the ones we chose those for next summer or hired them and passed on the others
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
travelnutz wrote:
Hmmm!

A merger of equals? Is that why Daimler paid 36 billion for 92% of Chrysler on May 7th, 1998? Do your research Don!

A merger of equals? Is that why Cerberus paid 7.4 billion for 81% of Chrysler on May 14th, 2007 when Daimler finally had enough of the losses experienced while OWNING Chrysler? Do your research Don!

Merger of equals? Is that how a larger corporation named Fiat, of Italy, now owns the majority of the much smaller Chrysler it purchased on July 21st, 2011 from the US Government and why Sergio, the CEO of Fiat, calls the shots for Chrysler? Do your research Don!

I'll help you!

Google these:

Daimler buys Chrysler

then

Cerberus buys Chrysler

then

Fiat buys Chrysler

Should keep you entertained for hours and help you learn at the same time.

Are you sure you work for Chrysler Corp? If you said Allpar I'd understand the brainwashing.

Don, just trying to help you.

It's quite simple, really: Daimler bought, pillaged, and dumped Chrysler. Then MISmanaged it from a money machine to bankruptcy. It really is that simple...it was a cash-grab by Daimler.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
nutz. It is a multinational company, A huge one. They bought the Germans I use to work for.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terryallan,

YES, you are very important and so is every other employee or management member. There's only one CEO per company but many to thousands upon thousands of workers. True that many CEO's are over paid perhaps but many are underpaid also and the percentage of a CEO's total package is miniscule in relation to the total employee labor cost of hourly and management yearly. They are just an easy and convient bashing target. For many bashers, it's simply jealousy. Spreading out their CEO entire compensation package over the total employee yearly costs would amount to only a few pennies per hour increase per employee. Hint, NO CEO will work without being compensated! We all must do our part according to our ability, education, drive, pride, and long term desires. How could our country ever have gotten to be the best place to live on the planet if it wasn't or isn't still true? Don't think it's the best? Then why are people from every other country on the planet seeking to live here whether it being legally or illegally?

True that many posters on forums write various posts according to their opinions or wants or hiding their own desire to look important far beyond their actual knowledge, education, and/or abilities. Some post very untrue items/commenets with malice or are simply blind to the actual facts. Every member on this forum has a computer device to research and find the real documented facts and become educated in the subject. A computer device is how they even read the threads! There are also many that are totally honest and tell the real truth in their posts as they have the knowledge and/or real experiences they write about in their posts. Reading your posts for years now leaves me to believe you are the real and honest mccoy unlike some others.

Many in management are forced or required to assign blame fast before they even find out the real facts. Yes, it's wrong and you already know that. Running a corporation is far from easy and guess what runs downhill? Makes me happy to see a person proud of the work they and their business produces. However, it doesn't end there as the competition is constantly nipping at the heels one bite ate a time and before long they are nipping hard at the body as they've already consumed both legs. How long before they are the new number one? Ever notice how many company's in your area are foreign owned for branches run by foreign controls? Yes, in the businesses like you work in! England, Germany, etc.

Much of the problems our U.S. industries suffer from has been caused by the opposing forces in the industrial era. Bean counters now running corporations ramping up in the 1970's, over-regulation/taxation ongoing and even getting deeper, over-competitive priced labor/benefit/decreased production output issues prior to the about the early 2000's when the s___t hit the fan and the resulting dilemma we have now and it's not going back to where it came from. The world economy will see to it!

A small percentage in both labor and upper management have really upset the financial applecart for the rest of the masses. For more than a decade now you/we have wittnessed the constant news reports of corporations going bankrupt or moving away to avoid bankruptcy and promised pensions/benefits etc that aren't remotely sustainable in any economy. Yes, some were poorly run or produced inferior products and needed to be weeded out or sold.

ME, me, me has met it's match and is still losing fast to the world economy which is now the boss. Note! It's US who gave them our money to become our boss! Dumb weren't we? We bought and are ever increasingly buying their products and we have the guts to be remotely unhappy with what it causes and has caused? HELLO!!! It will also be US who must tip the scales back in our favor or always be the subservient. That's the choice we have and everyday the clock runs and the time is short!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
tgreening wrote:
It's been my experience that when some one boasts of having the "inside scoop" on any given subject, and then declines to offer any backing evidence such as where they work or what position they hold that allows them to be privy to such info, they rarely do. Generally it's boasting based on an over inflated sense of importance.

That's not to say that such people never have valid points, because a lot of the time they do, but these subjects are rarely so simple as to be explained in the black and white terms some folks would like to define them with. Made in America, is almost never that simple under the surface.

The validity of some CEOs wage/benefit package isn't as simple as he doesn't deserve it.

The Internet is chock full of experts on finance, politics, foreign policy, military strategy, etc etc ad nauseum. I'm surprised our government/corporations/military leadership dont do all their recruiting from Internet forums and Yahoo chat rooms. Apparently that's where all the talent hangs out.

I didn't mean to make you think I'm important, IF you are referencing me. I'm not. In fact I was verbally reprimanded today because of a machine crash. I had nothing to do with it, But because it happened on my shift. I got the credit. Not the kind of credit you want. The important people decided who got the credit.

BTW, For those who know about such things, and I suspect the Dodgeboy does. It was a L60 Lapper.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

tgreening
Explorer
Explorer
It's been my experience that when some one boasts of having the "inside scoop" on any given subject, and then declines to offer any backing evidence such as where they work or what position they hold that allows them to be privy to such info, they rarely do. Generally it's boasting based on an over inflated sense of importance.

That's not to say that such people never have valid points, because a lot of the time they do, but these subjects are rarely so simple as to be explained in the black and white terms some folks would like to define them with. Made in America, is almost never that simple under the surface.

The validity of some CEOs wage/benefit package isn't as simple as he doesn't deserve it.

The Internet is chock full of experts on finance, politics, foreign policy, military strategy, etc etc ad nauseum. I'm surprised our government/corporations/military leadership dont do all their recruiting from Internet forums and Yahoo chat rooms. Apparently that's where all the talent hangs out.
2008 Ford F-450 "Lil Beasty"
2011 Heartland 3950 "Big Beasty"
1970 DW Made in Japan "Big Bossy"
2005 DD Made in Ohio "Big Pain"
2007 DD Made in Ohio "Lil Pain"
2004 GR Bahzu the dog "Big Sissy"
2010 Weim Mobo the dog "Fast Spaz"

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fordlover wrote:

GKN?

Can't say, But, I've heard of them. Huge multinational company with plants in every country in the world? And they did purchase GETRAG North America, with the exception of the Charleston, GETRAG facility. Which was instead purchased by the GETRAG North America CEO, and a couple other former GETRAG high ups
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
Travelnutz,Chrysler has not been sold three times. There was the "Merger of Equals" when that POS know nothing Bob Eaton merged us with Damn-Lire. Who by the way was cash poor before the merger but soon and a major cash infusion thanks to Chrysler. Good ole Bobby Boy received a $100,000,000.00 buy out for him to step down. He only had 9 months left on his contract and he could have been let go for not a penny. Think maybe there was a little per merger negotiation in place? Lee Iaccoca told the Board that if they put Bobby Boy in charge Chrysler would be doomed and he was right. After D-L ran Chrysler into the ground they took what they wanted and sold us to the Hell-Hound's. As for the Bankruptcy I do believe your great GMC was in the Court Room right next door with us TN. We where forced through Bankruptcy both GM nor Chrysler wanted it.

As for the rest of your post it don't hold water my friend, when CEO's are being paid hundreds of millions in pay, options and benefits plus their golden parachutes they all have then nope sorry not buying it. By the way for someone that claims poverty you sure are living the high life TN. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Don

Lee Iacocca chose Boby Boy as his successor and he even admitted it in his book "Where Have All the Leaders Gone" that was his biggest mistake at Chrysler. He should have chosen Bob Lutz who was the real big gun at Chrysler during the 90s and I bet Chrysler would still be an American company to date.

Advantage Chrysler

The Chrysler Team that Should Have

BTW... If you can find a better car Buy It! :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
travelnutz wrote:
Buckeye Chuck,

"Why was that necessary?"

Perhaps Terryallen etc others will be finding out in the not very distant future. The competition's present or past technical and quality productive skills will only improve with time and the lure of increased profit potential from added customers and products produced.
!

Buck he's Prolly just trying to makes himself feel better.

I have a pretty good idea of what is going on. The company I work for is State of the art. The reason we have such great business, Is because we are the best, bar none, at what we do. Several of our processes are unique to our plant, Not just our company, but our plant. No one else does it. Why? Expense, Why do we do it that way.? Quality. Everything extra we do is because of quality. GM came back because they could NOT do what we can do. They tried. Bought their own ... factory to replace us. And they are back, with hat in hand, But they ain't the big dog in the house any more. But at least they did get in. Many other auto manufactures can't get in. Because we are just at our limit, until more machines, are purchased, and new buildings are built. Which BTW is happening as we speak.

Why do all these manufacturers want us? Because we are the best.
So. Do I want GM to do well. Yep. They help pay the bills. I want all our customers to do well. And I'm glad that GM is finally upgrading some of their line.

Come on down. You'll see what the future looks like. And remember. If you have a American branded car. Or even some foreign ones, If it moves when you put it in gear. Could be because of me.
BTW. I could tell y'all who I work for. But they don't like their name bandied about on social media. But I guess I could tell you. I did work for GETRAG. And if you know the Auto industry. You know GETRAG.
GKN?
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmmm!

A merger of equals? Is that why Daimler paid 36 billion for 92% of Chrysler on May 7th, 1998? Do your research Don!

A merger of equals? Is that why Cerberus paid 7.4 billion for 81% of Chrysler on May 14th, 2007 when Daimler finally had enough of the losses experienced while OWNING Chrysler? Do your research Don!

Merger of equals? Is that how a larger corporation named Fiat, of Italy, now owns the majority of the much smaller Chrysler it purchased on July 21st, 2011 from the US Government and why Sergio, the CEO of Fiat, calls the shots for Chrysler? Do your research Don!

I'll help you!

Google these:

Daimler buys Chrysler

then

Cerberus buys Chrysler

then

Fiat buys Chrysler

Should keep you entertained for hours and help you learn at the same time.

Are you sure you work for Chrysler Corp? If you said Allpar I'd understand the brainwashing.

Don, just trying to help you.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I watched the entire youtube post. Seems like a good thing GM is doing.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"