cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Going to open a lot of opinions: new TT

Blanch
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to change from a 5th wheel to a travel trailer. We have been happy with our Jayco. We are looking for a rear living. Any opinions on what trailer would be a nice one to view?
03 DMax CC Short bed Pewter
02 305 Jayco 30' BH
Husky Underbed slide hitch with Prodigy Brake
great wife two daughters and one boy
Sadie, the family's golden retriever
20 REPLIES 20

richk88
Explorer
Explorer
very happy with our Shasta Revere 27RL
2014 Shasta Revere 27RL
Retired from pulling and went seasonal

nike_holley
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Arctic Fox 27T...

Rear lounge... front queen bed...

4 season trailer...

very nice... we sure like ours...

Nate
Sharin' life with my Great Wife..!!..

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
temccarthy1 wrote:
Careful with Evergreen! There is a post 2 days ago on this forum on a disaster the owner had with a brand new one literally falling apart.

I read that nightmare post. Unbelievable. However, at the same time there are happy Evergreen owners that have never had problems. Very odd...and scary.
Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

rsaylor3
Explorer
Explorer
We love our Viewfinder Signature 32RLSS! We bought it in January and have spent 24 nights in it so far. Checking in at Fort Wilderness on Christmas Day and will put another 8 nights in her.

We have 2 kids and still love the big double slides and living area of the rear living. Huge sofa and two rockers! This is our first camper and we spent a lot of time in a lot of floor plans before choosing this one and we have never looked back! It's also great to have the TV in a comfortable viewing position.

Good luck and enjoy!

Big_Love
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Rockwood 2604. I like the full view rear window where we have relocated the dinette. We put portable camping bunk beds in the slide space where the dinette was previously. The slide also has a sofa bed. This configuration offers lots of options for sleeping up to 8 comfortably if desired.

There are many similar rear living trailers with open floorplans. I think the main decision to make is whether to have one or two slides to open up the living area, and whether you want a slide in the front bedroom.

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We each have a level of acceptable convince and familiar quality. You're past experience tells you what is to much of something and not of something else. You mentioned you own a Jayco. But have you ever looked at Horizon or Arctic Fox ? It's only when you put your hands on it will you know what you can't live without.

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
Careful with Evergreen! There is a post 2 days ago on this forum on a disaster the owner had with a brand new one literally falling apart.
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
wrvond wrote:
I once looked at a Jayco that had a rear living room. If you like Jayco, I'd start there.
The 31RLDS looks pretty nice.

We have the 2010 Jayco 31.5RLDS and love the views it allows.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
^^ that is a nice rig. The leather sofa looks great with the double LR slides
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
I love the Evergreen Element 28RLSS and the 30FLS.
Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
If you are enjoying the stability in high winds, and ability to control sway really well with the 2,000+ pound pin weight of a fifth wheel, you might not like the in-stability of a normal travel trailer.

However a Propride hitch can correct those shortcomings, and add stability to the travel trailer. Having a 3/4 ton diesel truck to tow it will also really help too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT268Y2ig_U

Look at the video, and see that there are a bunch of welded pieces there, and worth what they are charging for it. Then click on the cost of the hitch. Consider that most 30' travel trailers are a little less expensive than the fifth wheels of the same length. . .

http://www.propridehitch.com/products/ProPride-3P-Trailer-Sway-Control-Hitch-.html

Good luck,

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

parcany
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Jayco 33RLDS. 35 feet long with 1 slide on each side of the trailer in the back. Lots of room.. Living room is 14 feet wide and over 12 feet long.

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
We love our 2014 Keystone Bullet 285 RLS..2 big easy chairs in the rear with a sofa and well appointed. 11 ft slide includes sofa and dinette and 3 ft diameter. Best feature is it is 30 ft long but only weighs 6000 with a 600 TW.. Pulls like a dream with an Equalizer E2 WD hitch! Check them out!. We have had ours 1 year and ZERO issues with it and any of the operating systems! I have seen nothing but positive reviews on Bullets on this forum!
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
We love our TT but when we are ready to trade it in we're going to get one with a slide in the bedroom.
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells