cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodyear Endurance Tires VS Carlisle Trail HD Tires

TKW
Explorer
Explorer
It's time for a new set of tires. I have narrowed down my choice between GY Endurance and Carlisle Trail HD.

However, in comparing the price locally, Endurance costs 45% more than the Carlisle. For a set of 4 ST22575R15 LRE, Endurance costs CA$230 more than Carlisle HD.

Is endurance that much better than Carlisle? I heard enough good things about the GY. I would like to hear from the Carlisle owners for their opinion.

Thank you in advance!
2002 Chevy 1500HD Crew Cab, 6.0l
2013 Timber Ridge 240RBS
Prodigy Brake Controller
59 REPLIES 59

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I put Carlisle's on my 12K TT. I had concerns because they didn't have that much tread depth when new. But 3 years later and about 10K miles and they look brand new. I really like them and the way they wear.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

98coachman
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Carlisle trail hd tires on my Arctic Fox and they have performed perfectly for the last three seasons and still look like new! I would buy them again in a heartbeat, great tire at a great price! They are also load range E. Good luck on your decision.Bill

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Don't go below load range D and you'll be fine. Imo

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Twenty years and 80,000 miles towing with a combination of both brands with one flat and I don't recall the brand of the nail. Carlyle tires are on a lot of trailers.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
Absolutely nothing wrong with Carlisle tires, have been using them for years with no complaints.

About 15 years ago I bought a new boat and trailer. The Carlisle tires DISINTEGHRATED within less than 1 year.

I vowed to never buy another Carlisle tire again !

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
lucky guy.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Absolutely nothing wrong with Carlisle tires, have been using them for years with no complaints.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
carlisle has rep for being the cheap tire on the market also a rep for blow outs. they make lawn mower tires ,and still trying to get that right.

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
Made in China VS Made in USA I went with the Goodyear
samsontdog:o:W

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
What do you have now and how have they held up?
If acceptable and less $ than Endurance tires, they may be your preferred option.
I actually haven't bought tires since GY Endurance came out.
Running 2 sets of Kenda Karriers on trailers that generally sit most of the year and then get towed longer distances a few times, generally above all speed limits unless the speed limit is 80!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

TKW
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Carlisle is made in China, thus the cheap price.

OK, that's why the price difference.
2013 Timber Ridge 240RBS
Prodigy Brake Controller

TKW
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:
How do the load rating compare? I already know it would be the endurance because that is what I will tow home the 8th.

chevman

They both are Load Range E.
2013 Timber Ridge 240RBS
Prodigy Brake Controller

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Carlisle is made in China, thus the cheap price.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
How do the load rating compare? I already know it would be the endurance because that is what I will tow home the 8th.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
you don't say what you're putting the tires on but another thing most people don't think about is load rating. I moved up two load ranges and have much better peace of mind towing my 5th wheel.