cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

happijack tie downs on 2015 gm with step bumper

petoworx
Explorer
Explorer
hello all, i have an 06 lance 915 with the happijack tie down set up,which uses for the rear tie down an attachment on the rear bumper,my question is on the new gmc and chevys (there is a step on each corner where the tie downs used to be mounted)has anyone encounted this problem or do i just go with a different type of tiedown if i buy a new gm? thanks ,pete
11 REPLIES 11

petoworx
Explorer
Explorer
pm sent thanks

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Had the same problem, we fabricated an insert that fits inside the hitch brace - the round one - and bent a bracket that runs under the edge of the bumper and up beside it so the 'button' fits right on it. Very solid, although it took us a couple hours with a torch and welder ... but we designed and fabricated as we went - so, might take less once you see the finished product.

Had talked to Happi-jac earlier and they sent the 'preliminary' drawing for the button plate, but with the 'plastic bumper' section right there, I personally decided it wasn't as safe as I want ...

Never posted a photo on here - don't even know how - but if you want a photo, send me a PM with your email and I'll email one to you ..
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

jdboss
Explorer
Explorer
Torklift was VERY responsive in engineering/producing tie downs for our 2014 Ram 2500 (coils in the rear for 2014) we had a camper lined up but no way to tie it down. I contacted them via the form on their site and was contacted shortly thereafter. They advised me they were working on them and gave me a tentative part number and then let me know when they became available (matter of a few weeks). Big fan of their customer service and products.
JD

2020 Northern Lite 8-11EX on a 2020 Ford F350 6.7L TD TREMOR

petoworx
Explorer
Explorer
thanks all! i had happijac on my old 2500 and had no problems, however i always thought that the rear bumper set-up was kinda cheesy,pete

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
just so you know we had the happi-jac rep at the camper rally this year he actually told us that happi-jac has a retrofit for the rear bumper which includes a metal backing plate specifically for that new truck it is so new on the market that they have yet to even advertise that they have it but it is available call them and they will take care of you
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
R2D1 wrote:
Bigimac wrote:
New truck - new tie down - Torklift

x2

X3 won't go wrong
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

Bigimac
Explorer
Explorer
I do use Torklift on my 2013 Chevy 3500 - had happijack on my 1991 Chevy 1/2 ton - prefer Torklift.

Indeed Torklift is only offering 3500 Diesel Engine SRW 4x4 (Crew Cab) long bed; but I also saw a form for 2015 makes and models that they are seeking to use at their test fitting facility in Sumner, Wash - may be of interest & it's "free" product.
2013 Capri Sportsman Grande
2015 Chevy Crew cab 3500HD SWD gasser
Toyo Open Ctry ATII 275 70R/18
10150# loaded; 10.5 mpg @ 70mph

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
Just an FYI torklift only has tiedowns for one 2015 which is the 8ft crew cab 3500 srw right now.

petoworx
Explorer
Explorer
torklifts do look nice, is that what your using?, thanks ,pete

R2D1
Explorer
Explorer
Bigimac wrote:
New truck - new tie down - Torklift

x2

Bigimac
Explorer