cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

He's a "big brother" now

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
That is, my 3500 Dually Diesel Duramax long bed crew cab pick-em-up truck!

Yep, he's a "big brother" now! He's got a new "sister"!

The wife threw me for a total loop when she said she wanted a new vehicle and showed me some photos of 1500's Chevy Silverados. I was about floored. She was serious. Trade in your beloved Equinox?

And she said "yes."

I didn't hesitate a second. It was 3:30 pm in the afternoon and we headed for the dealer.

8:30 pm we pulled into the garage at home with THIS! Not exactly a 1500! But actually, I fell in love with it too! Wife is exhilarated out of her mind! I still can't believe she wanted another pick-up truck and willing to give up the SUV! You all know the drill .... what Momma wants, Momma gets! And ... Happy wife, happy life!

Never dreamed in a lifetime I'd be a 2 pick-up truck owner.

Meet "little sister":

I actually tried hitching the travel trailer to the new Chevy "Colorado" and the rear just squatted all the way, bottomed out. I didn't attempt to move the trailer, I was just curious if I "could" use it to move it around the driveway. Nope! I wouldn't dare do that with this truck. Just way too small! Still, I gave it my best shot.

Anyway, the wife is tickled pink. Of course, she's a bit more sporty than her "big brother" and the wife is already accessorizing with that
feminine touch. Oh well, it's really fun to drive. That's all that matters to me.

So, now the "family" is complete:

But big brother will still do the hard work pulling that trailer:

We are now looking for a bed cover. We figure we'll go all the way and get the motorized one, and looking into running boards.

I've gotta hand it to my wife.... after 32 years of marriage, she still surprises me! Never realized she was a "pick-up girl" at heat! I definitely married the right person!
24 REPLIES 24

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Ha, sweet color too!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer
Those new Colorados are great trucks. Your wife chose well...with the 3.6 liter DOHC V6...has lots of punch and the Z-71 package.

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad
Congrats on the new truck. That is a great looking driveway too.
Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I like the two trucks and your trailer. Lucky you. My wife don't want anything to do with driving a truck.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on that new truck!
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice truck. Love the color!

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Those Colorados are very nice trucks. I wish my son would have bought one instead of the Tacoma. The Colorado is a much more refined and comfortable truck IMO and the Tacoma still feels like an old "mini-truck" to me.

A buddy also has the Colorado with the little Dmax diesel engine in it and loves it.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmanSport- Congratulations on the new truck. My sister traded in her luxury Buick on the Canyon version of the same truck. She said it was easier to get into and she liked the upright seating and visibility.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Cool yellow paint!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice! Congrats on the new truck!!!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS