cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HEY we need a sticky for our TT pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
I was just looking at 5er's, toy haulers, and slide in, sites and they have a sticky for their rig pics. We don't. I just saw that. Is it just me or do we TT guys and gals need a sticky for our rigs. I say yes we do.
2021 Ram 3500. Torque t285 toy hauler
3,424 REPLIES 3,424

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
DD1 and I took a day trip to Cave-in-Rock, IL, to see the swollen Ohio River on Saturday. Beautiful day.

Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

FerrickFamily
Explorer
Explorer
roso67 wrote:
FerrickFamily wrote:

We're newbies that went balls to the wall for our first rig set up.

2011 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali Edition with Duramax 6.6 Liter Turbo Diesel Engine coupled to an Allison 6 Speed Automatic Transmission towing a 2011 Jayco 32 Foot Jay Flight G2 Travel Trailer.

Nice setup. We have the 2009 version of the 32BHDS and 2010 version of the GMC.

Nice, I feel like we're cousins. ๐Ÿ™‚

BTW, what kind of weight distribution hitch do you use? I am a little concerned because we basically told Camping World that money was no object on that set up and they provided us with an EAZ-Lift setup. Works great but I notice it makes a lot of grinding noises when driving about town with turns, the chains rub up against the A frame of the trailer. After doing a little bit of research I am now wishing I hod gotten the Reese setup which is a bit more expensive but I've heard great reviews. Since your setup is very similar to mine I figured I'd ask what you use.
2011 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD
2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS

roso67
Explorer
Explorer
FerrickFamily wrote:

2011 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali Edition with Duramax 6.6 Liter Turbo Diesel Engine coupled to an Allison 6 Speed Automatic Transmission towing a 2011 Jayco 32 Foot Jay Flight G2 Travel Trailer.

Nice setup. We have the 2009 version of the 32BHDS and 2010 version of the GMC.
2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2009 Jayco 32BHDS

FerrickFamily
Explorer
Explorer
rowekmr wrote:
I have the step brother of the trailer (31BHDS) and we take it everywhere and feel like we brought our house with us! I would really enjoy the convenience of pulling something shorter (w/o dedicated TV)but the DW doesn't want to give up any of the space.
FerrickFamily wrote:

When we started looking at trailers we focused on 24 footers max because we were considering using our 2009 Dodge Durango but then soon realized we wanted to go bigger and needed a bigger truck as well, kind of went overboard but I'm glad we did. We had the finances to go for the gusto and did not want to regret it later realizing I would probably not make a purchase like this again any time soon.

I had a lot of towing experience many moons ago while serving in the aviation community of the US Navy and took great pride with my towing skills although towing an aircraft has 2 pivot points so a bit more challenging. That said, I felt confident being a newbie that I could maneuver the longer travel trailer and to my delight I was correct so we're very happy we went with the larger sized travel trailer. The bunk house is what sealed the deal for us, I love that my girls have their own space and plenty of room. This has been such a great experience so far.

Here is a photo of our most recent trip near Yosemite.

rowekmr
Explorer
Explorer
I have the step brother of the trailer (31BHDS) and we take it everywhere and feel like we brought our house with us! I would really enjoy the convenience of pulling something shorter (w/o dedicated TV)but the DW doesn't want to give up any of the space.
FerrickFamily wrote:

10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
07 Lincoln Navigator
00 Newmar Dutch Star 3851

FerrickFamily
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, we've taken it out twice now and absolutely love it. Just wish we had the financial opportunity to start this long ago.

qmrichardson
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed, best looking setup I've seen in a long time...
Will
2014 Keystone Outback Terrain 299TBH
2008 Dodge Ram 2500, 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel

ut_pupcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Wow!!!! What a beautiful rig! I really like the Jayco G2's and that Duramax sure is pretty too.
Don & Alice

Camping in and around Utah
2013 Rockwood 8286WS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
2003 Ford F350 Lariat Super duty Crew Cab
6 kids 3 grand kids a dog a cat and Titan the killer Chiweenie ๐Ÿ™‚

Camping in 2013: 15
Camping in 2012: 19

FerrickFamily
Explorer
Explorer

tt4tt
Explorer
Explorer
Just read all 164 pages in about 5 days. I love all your TTs, hope to get one soon, just need to sell my other toy first. Looking at something around 20' with 2 bunks for the boys.

Sell my toy so I can spend more quality time camping with my 2 boys and see the smiles on their faces... priceless!
tt4tt = twin turbo 4 travel trailer, only for Brandon and Nathan

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer leaving for a weekend
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

ronc2500hd
Explorer
Explorer
gchurch2007,

The outdoor kitchen was the big selling point for us. Yes we love it and use it alot. The door to the bathroom was also a big selling point for us. Traffic through the trailer is limited. We always have visitors when we go camping to check out the kitchen.

ghekiere1
Explorer
Explorer
1997 2500 Power Wagon 8.0 Liter V-10 Long Box
Prodigy P3 Brake Controller

gchurch2007
Explorer
Explorer
sofive0 wrote:
ronc2500hd wrote:
I think I got it. This is our Sprinter 311bhs. It's going on a year old with no issues and we used it alot last spring and summer. This picture was our first trip in it (March 2010). It's not a very good picture, but I failed photography 101.

Awesome! That's very nice......

This is almost exactly like our 2010 Dutchmen Colorado 31BH. LOVE IT!! Our will be 1 year old in April. Man I love the outdoor kitchen, don't you?
'10 Dutchmen Colorado 31BH
'11 Ford F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 4x4, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 Single Axle.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w172/bigpig777/DSC_0003-1.jpg

HeathJohnson
Explorer
Explorer
All these pics are driving me crazy. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go camping. I should move to Texas. Year round camping.