cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi from the UK

Peaky
Explorer
Explorer
After a 10 year gap of owning an adventure demountable. We're now the proud owners of a s.karosser Nordstar Polar 4.0, which are made in Sweden. It's 6yr's old & still like new inside & out !

We've just booked the ferry tickets for a 10 day tour of the Outer Hebrides, Scotland in July & can't wait !!!

15 REPLIES 15

bens170
Explorer
Explorer
Peaky,
Welcome from Anza, CA. Enjoy your Truck Camper with the nice looking awning/tent
combination. Be safe in your travels.
Ben

ISBRAM
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome from Denver Colorado, very interesting truck camper you have. I had no idea that a company in Sweden built slide in’s. I’m happy to see that people in other parts of the world can appreciate the convenience and agility of a slide in camper.
Cheers
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB Cummins
2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RB

If you see me camped someplace stop and say hi, I've always got an extra ice cold beer.

mark_be
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome and greets from Belgium. 😉
2001 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel (DRW Crew cab Long bed)
Sonnax TQ and Sonnax 4R100 rebuild - 6.0 transmission cooler and OTW cooler.

2011 Arctic Fox 992 - 2.5kW propane generator - 315AH Trojan batteries - 2kW pure sine wave inverter - 140Wp solar

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Welcome to the Truck Camper forum, nice rig you have!:)
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
Hi and welcome to the forum. Silversand got in there first - I was too busy negotiating Stelvio Pass yesterday to check RV.net.

Check out the Trip Reports thread - Silversand started the thread years ago and I took it over and re-formatted it last year. I've included sections for Europe and Africa which you might be interested in. We're likely to be at Adventure Overland in Stratford on Avon later in the year (I suspect Sundowners will be there too).

All the best from the Dolomites.

Cheers,

Steve & Sally.
'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

Peaky
Explorer
Explorer
sleepy wrote:

I like the awning/tent feature. I would like to know more about how it attaches, access, head room, etc.

The awning is made by a Scottish company called Vango & the poles are inflatable. It attaches to the camper via a pre-attached 6mm Kador strip, this used in conjunction with the figure of 8 allows you to attach your awning onto your camper/motorhome. It then gives you the facility to driveaway & leave the awning erected on your pitch. Thus meaning that you don't lose the pitch.

http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/motorhome-campervan/290-air-away-kela-tall.html#

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome aboard!

Very nice camper. I like the outboard awning/tent!

A fellow RVnetter (Sabconsulting: editor of Trip Reports) just left the UK for a tour of Europe with their truck camper.

Hope to see a few of your travel photos (and camper user reports) as you tour around the UK and Europe!

Cheers,
Silver-
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome...

I like the awning/tent feature. I would like to know more about how it attaches, access, head room, etc.

Looking forward to Trip reports and the personal modifications that I expect that you'll make to your camper... it seems most truck camper folks are handy that way.

Sleepy
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
That awning will make all the difference for extra space when you need it. Nice and happy trails to you.

Peaky
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the warm welcome folks,

Hers a couple more pics of the inside & also with an awning to give us some extra living space when parked up for more than a couple of days 😉

Regards

Andy

dadwolf2
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum. Look forward to getting your trip reports. That is a great looking combination you have. Could you include some interior pictures as well?
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,4X4,NV5600
2014 Adventurer 86FB

shooker99
Explorer
Explorer
Wecome, looks like that Rig would work well in the midwest, U S A !!!!

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the Forum. That's a nice looking camper and truck combo you have there. Enjoy your trip.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome from the East Coast of the USA. Enjoy your trip.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"